Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Borrrrrriiiiinnnnng

• Thread starter SolarPanelCleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

SolarPanelCleaning

I'm starting to find the window cleaning dull. Started listening to audio books to try and kill the monotony. It's sort of working.

What do you guys do to make things more interesting?

Music on my phone. In all fairness it's a mind numbing job so I try and disconnect as much as possible

I suppose in the winter there's more to think about. Keeping warm dry, hose not freezing etc.

Thinking maybe employing someone to do the cleaning while I concentrate on getting new work in. At least it'll give me the incentive if I have to find wages and double the work quick.

I dunno.

you need to do something make a move if its gone dull or next step you cant be bothered sick to death of it . thats how i felt in my previous trade [mechanic ]

i can really recommend employing for moving you out of your comfort zone, youv now got some stranger relying on you for their livelihood . iv not ever regretted employing and now enjoy drumming up work to keep everyone busy , landing the catch is what its all about, good fun!

I blast the tunes on Spotify.

For us the boredom isn't an issue at present but have been there mate.

I started looking for other stuff to do in same game, walking into random commercial properties and talking to people, starting to network a lot more and so forth.

You are at the wall right now but you will get through it!

I have a little terrace tranny radio with a built in speaker in a pocket of my belt. Talksport on in the morning, then Jeremy vine on radio 2 at lunchtime (debate show) then Scott mills on radio 1 in the afternoon. Keeps me sane

I just go home at 1pm:)

But yeah it can be boring, I just let the mind wonder, and try to whip round the work as fast as possible and get home as soon as I can to hit the gym, or go for a ride, any type of hobbie really, a long day on residential gets a bit boring, but a million times better than sitting in and office with all the gossip and backstabbing...

Window cleanings not so bad!

I think about getting enough cash to swap my mx5 for a Lotus Elise or dream about being back in the mountains on the next skiing holiday. None of these things would be possible without the window cleaning.

i am in the Building stage of my business so every day is a new and exaiting (spell plate) but often thought of when i hit my target customers (not that far) what i am then going to do because it might start getting boring. maybe go all they way keep bulding af big business, only future will tell.

How can you get bored with all the tools and equipment you can modify and play with

New techniques to practice

Never have enough customers so need to be actively seeking work

And cleaning windows is fun even after 26 years

Better than working for a living

i usually have a yarn with a custy or two

its when it starts heavy raining and you scratch your b-llox in your van/car makes me /emoticons/angry.png(

I'm starting to find the window cleaning dull. Started listening to audio books to try and kill the monotony. It's sort of working.
What do you guys do to make things more interesting?
5 live mate

Then phone in and pretend by someone with a fancy job title - argue with someone important I no nowt about while cleaning poo off glass

5 live mateThen phone in and pretend by someone with a fancy job title - argue with someone important I no nowt about while cleaning poo off glass
I just read that back and I make no sense

No time for boredom for me, alwasy rushing my **** off, posting on facebook, leafletting, building websites, can hardly switch off is my problem. sunday nights when supposed to be chilling out with r lass im reasearching seo or something.

Found a new area to sink my teeth into (Monmouthshire), going to canvass the **** out of it and try and make things less mundane.

I've not really got time to get bored

7 new cleans since Thursday without doing a thing to advertise

People recommending me or finding me on facebook

You could start an affair, that will give you something to think about :rolleyes:

As others said, music on the phone, i usually listen to the radio, sometimes im bored of music though and have thought about an audio book being a good idea :thumbsup:

Before (maybe still now but unsure) u could copy the url of a youtube video song u liked and covert it to mp3 on some websites, i used to do that to long videos i liked, like interviews or documentary with someone or subject u like, thats another idea.

Back