Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much water can i save?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tom harvey

I'm thinking about getting an aqua dapter as I seem to be running very close to empty on a daily basis now. Any ideas as to how much water I may save day to day with 1?

I've used one in the past and drove me nuts having to keep tugging at me hose [delusional]/emoticons/biggrin.png

i use the aquadapter it saves loads of water if u wana take it one step further get some of the aquadapter micro lite hose ude b saprized how mch water it saves only down side is u get a more pressure washer effect on the glass so a bit harder to rinse splash bk ect:thumbs:

The reason why I stopped using them as I prefer to run the pole hose on the outside of me poles now and just pinch/bend the pole hose to stop/start the flow instead.

Thanks for your advice guys,I have a 750 ltr tank as it is with 2 of us working off it,just thought the aqua dapters may save us a shed load of water throughout a day,I figured we prob waste 5ltr plus per property. So think I'm gonna have to give them a try. Why did you find it hard work smurf?

I've had different versions and they all had the own reliability issues so in the end I stop using them.

A friend of mine and his son have a round in a village about 12 miles from here.

They work out of a Vivaro with a 650 liter tank. Ever since they bought the round they always emptied the tank before finishing the round, so had to go back and finish the remaining houses the following day.

He bought 2 Aquadaptors and found that they had enough water to finish the round in one day with a little still in the tank remaining. He estimated that his water saving was around 20% and that the purchase of those 2 A/D's paid for themselves in one day. Water saving would depend on the round and your manner of working.

My son noticed an immediate water saving when using his backpack.

For me, it was not having to bend down to pick up the tap to switch the water off everytime. So the water saving for me was also quite a bit as I only switched the water off when moving a big distance, rather than between windows. So it cut down on a lot of wasted water. It is also easier to switch the water on and off with an A/D when having to deal with a bird strike rather than just letting the water run.

My SIL replaced his A/D with a fixed tap on his base section, but the loop is awful. He likes the end of his pole being much lighter though. (The A/D doesn't weigh much on its own, but at the end of a 22' extended pole it is quite heavy.) Smudger (Darran from Odd Bods Cleaners) recommends the Aquatap as he feels he has more control over water flow than when he did with his A/D's and its slightly lighter, but according to reports needs regular maintenance.

I might try an Aquatap at sometime in the future.

my on /off for water is at the top of pole i do find this saves water especially doing bottoms

on the tops with the water flowing makes you work faster, unless your jack flash and can climb the pole to switch it off

remember to switch your tap on before you extend your pole to clean top window

the aquadapter is easy to use tug the hose to turn on tug again to turn off the new vlite aquadapters r bilt very well u can send them bk an steve will fix them when needed

microboreholster.jpg

This on a belt is what saves me water.

microboreholster.jpg
This on a belt is what saves me water.
I never tried that as I found the Rectus fittings always started to leak after a while. Had enough experience with wet leg syndrome from my boab when we did trad.

There is not one ideal solution as they all have their pro's & con's.

Best you just have to try and find which out of all the gadgets works best for you.

Aquatap is great, as it just needs a quarter turn to put on or off, very quick,with both hands on pole, so you have control of pole when extended,works just like a tap.

I might give an aquatap a go as unlike the aquadapter the pole hose can be used on the oustside with it as well

Back