Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Breakage.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chilt69

Damaged my first bit of property today.

Tradding a window, and was just wiping the frames when it popped open, swinging inward & knocked a pot off the sill. Luckily managed to grab it before it swept another couple off.

Was 100% sure it was closed when I did it, so had a look through the window next to it & saw that the handle had come off the frame. When I mentioned it to the owner, turns out he'd changed the handle, but the new one didn't fit so had left it in place, but not screwed in!

My little bit of pressure on the window was enough to pop the latch.

Remembered to take some photos of the offending handle, which shows it in the "locked/closed" position, but half hanging off the frame - just in case.

People shouldn't leave their 150 year old family heirlooms on window ledges!

oooh ive had something similar happen to me i was wfp a window when it sprung open knocked a dolphin ornamant off and soaked the customer sat at the dressing table doing her make up she dint half scream

Thanks for sharing as made me chuckle :Image13:

Was the lady putting on water resistant makeup at the time? :Image3:

oooh ive had something similar happen to me i was wfp a window when it sprung open knocked a dolphin ornamant off and soaked the customer sat at the dressing table doing her make up she dint half scream

What did you say?

Damaged my first bit of property today.

Tradding a window, and was just wiping the frames when it popped open, swinging inward & knocked a pot off the sill. Luckily managed to grab it before it swept another couple off.

Was 100% sure it was closed when I did it, so had a look through the window next to it & saw that the handle had come off the frame. When I mentioned it to the owner, turns out he'd changed the handle, but the new one didn't fit so had left it in place, but not screwed in!

My little bit of pressure on the window was enough to pop the latch.

Remembered to take some photos of the offending handle, which shows it in the "locked/closed" position, but half hanging off the frame - just in case.

People shouldn't leave their 150 year old family heirlooms on window ledges!

Just told him that window popped open & couldn't prevent it from knocking the thing off the ledge.

He admitted it was his fault - for forgetting to change the handle over & for not telling me.

Latest Posts

Back