Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Pet Hate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Thought I would post some photos of my pet hate whilst clearing gutters.

Blocked downspouts & bends do my head in....

This one pulled straight out so not so bad

View attachment 4002

View attachment 4010

Scraped out what I could then had to take the joints apart as was solid.

View attachment 4003

View attachment 4004

Was hoping to pull this straight out but no such luck so had to take the joints apart.

View attachment 4005

It's quite common to see this too

View attachment 4006

View attachment 4007

View attachment 4008

View attachment 2291

View attachment 2292

View attachment 2293

View attachment 2294

View attachment 2295

View attachment 2296

View attachment 2297

View attachment 2298

View attachment 2299

those anchors must give you peace of mind doing jobs like this one, i keep saying ill get one, at the moment i havent had need 4 one, most have been straight up , no complications as yet. im going to push these jobs again, good money earner.

Indeed johnny but the ladder you see in that last pic was not set at the ideal angle so without the ankalad outriggers would have been unsafe to climb for sure..

I can earn far more clearing gutters than I could ever do cleaning windows but can be hard work at times.

I clear gutters all year round duncs and autum/winter months especially when it rains heavy the phone seems never to stop ringing. You soon get used to clearing sludge from gutters & unblocking downspouts but can be easier at times if dry or frozen solid.

Well I've got most of the kit I could think of tuffers or have I missed something :Image13:

Well I've got most of the kit I could think of tuffers or have I missed something :Image13:
m-aNzC835hNia7yJYr8saeg.jpg

Have u got one of these? Very handy to get the **** out of the gutter. It's bendy so can be manoeuvered into very narrow gaps.

Sorry duncs I must have not read your post properly and yes I think I'm going coo coo too :Image3:

smurfy thats what i mean, you have the proper gear so it will be easier for you coo coo

Thanks for reminding as I have one somewhere in the van :Image9:

m-aNzC835hNia7yJYr8saeg.jpg

Have u got one of these? Very handy to get the **** out of the gutter. It's bendy so can be manoeuvered into very narrow gaps.

Back