Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Made A Mistake

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I started taking work 15 miles away and i only got 5 jobs down their.... Its not worth doing unless i get more work down their.... And i tried to sell it double the price to a fellow windy and he said its not profitable it costs me 5 pound fuel money their and back aswell so im going to try and sell it if it doesnt sell am going to give it away as i got more local jobs to concentrate on /emoticons/smile.png from now on am going to stock to a 10 mile radius

Stick it out for a few cleans or canvass the area. 15 miles is not far lol. If you want a bigger round you need to be prepared to travel. What are the prices oh the houses?

6,7 pound mate but i think its a bitbof a drag going that far... Cos if customers arent in i gota cal bak stound most of my customers dont pay bank or chewue so i just wana scrap it and stay more local

Gotta admit I've just dropped 2, was hoping for more work in the area but one is the house with the dogue de bordeaux so not too upset about dropping that one. Oh and they're far out as well about the same 15ish.

if you want a close to home compact round try concentrate canvassing in your own area and work your way out as your round grows ,i made the same mistake when i started and ended dumping them

the way im working my round is , if i get 1 job in a street within my area i will do it even if it is 1 job

as 1 job always leads to more jobs i have found this out through experience .

for example on month 1 in 1 street i had 1 customer

month 2 i had 3

month 3 i have 9

they see you around and you pick up work with no problem and you know more or less that you have either been recomended or thye have been watching you work .

15 miles, phew, my furthers is about 3 or 4 miles. I said to myself 5 miles is the furthest I would go. but I am in-between sutton and croydon so there are 250 000 houses around me..

the way im working my round is , if i get 1 job in a street within my area i will do it even if it is 1 job

as 1 job always leads to more jobs i have found this out through experience .

for example on month 1 in 1 street i had 1 customer

month 2 i had 3

month 3 i have 9

they see you around and you pick up work with no problem and you know more or less that you have either been recomended or thye have been watching you work .
not if its far out mate... how many customers have u got anyway gav mate

15 miles, phew, my furthers is about 3 or 4 miles. I said to myself 5 miles is the furthest I would go. but I am in-between sutton and croydon so there are 250 000 houses around me..
How many have you got of them 250k ???

when u lose count that means u got to many... /emoticons/tongue.png u got to many /emoticons/wink.png lol

i have a round 23 miles away i keep to a saturday morning 22 houses takes 4hours and makes £90 so i dont mind traveling i got it for £150 well into pocket

i have a round 23 miles away i keep to a saturday morning 22 houses takes 4hours and makes £90 so i dont mind traveling i got it for £150 well into pocket
11 mins per house, I must be doing something wrong, I've never come close to doing a house in that time. I'm lucky if I do 8 houses in a day :-/

About 12 miles got 3 in a row £75 takes about 2 hours and i do it Saturdays mornings it is the first big town i come to so i normaly take the wife as well and she does the shopping while i am cleaning

4/5 bed detatched rural with cony. If I done 22 houses my shoulders would be done in, I'm knackered after doing 6 or 7 :huh: but the moneys good /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back