Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I cannot believe i haven't been collecting rain water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good going bud.

I can normally fill a 1000 ltr ibc in less than a day when it rains heavy using a rainwater hub./emoticons/wink.png

Im a little bit puzzled now, i cleaned my gutters out, properly wiped it with a sponge and everything, and now the water i collected last night is 50ppm. ??? Could it be that by clearing it out i removed a natural filtering system? /emoticons/smile.png:eek:

Anyway i think i will fix a piece of sponge on the end of the pipe, because there was quite a bit of debris at the bottom of the butt.

Disolved solids ie tile grit/detrus the rain water picks up from roofs/guttering will increase the ppm for sure bud.

As simple sock filter will help to keep **** out from your water butts but depending on disolved solids in the water flowing into them the ppm will still vary.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one,

so basically after much consideration, I decided to buy an IBC tank to harvest rain water from a customer's barn, it has a massive roof. The IBC is connected to a 200L water butt too, both of them overflowed during friday, it only rained for a couple hours, so it looks like a worthwhile investment so far, oh yeah the water is 10-15ppm... am well happy with it :thumbsup:

Nice one....:thumbsup:

I think you may need more than one then if it's a large roof.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one,so basically after much consideration, I decided to buy an IBC tank to harvest rain water from a customer's barn, it has a massive roof. The IBC is connected to a 200L water butt too, both of them overflowed during friday, it only rained for a couple hours, so it looks like a worthwhile investment so far, oh yeah the water is 10-15ppm... am well happy with it :thumbsup:

Back