Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

do any of you guys have a set minimum price when pricing work?

struggling with my pricing since I started and wondered whether having a minimum price would help

Yep had this convo with a customer today.

She wanted tops done only i said £10 but i said you will get stitched up with that. House would only be £12

Obviously she went with the £12.

Most of our houses are £10 minimum now, but in my area two companies operate at £15 and £16 minimum.

do any of you guys have a set minimum price when pricing work?

struggling with my pricing since I started and wondered whether having a minimum price would help
Yes of course, lots do, it’s because we have a cost to operate the business. Factor on top of that what you want as profit and go from there.

Richard

oh rite i normally go for the £1 per window and 50p for doors and small windows so no wonder i don't earn a lot lol

wish i could get away will that lol
Yes my minimum is currently a fiver - do one customer who has 2 windows for a fiver. hes happy

I used to have a customer at £3 but she died /emoticons/sad.png did it as a favour.

Got one customer at 50p! I get a cup of tea, or cold drink and can use her outside loo whenever (very handy for no2's /emoticons/wink.png )

also do you have a different set minimum price for one off window cleaning?
Hourly rate plus a bit of bonus, unless its a weekend then i drop down to anything as low as £20 and hour and it get banked and drawn out for the secret fund /emoticons/wink.png (bonus money)

If its a regular customer i dont charge any extra on first clean. AS LONG as they do want a regular window cleaner!!!!

I don't have minimum pricing.

I do one job for £3.00

3 pieces of glass, literally less than 2minutes work.

I've had a £12 minimum price for a year now, I've picked a a few small houses like this, one with 4 windows, another with 6, I did a one off ckean last week, I charge double for one offs so it fell under my minimum charge so it was £24, it had 2 windows and a Dior at the front, and 4 windows and small French doors at the back.

It's amazing how much people will pay, I think we are more worried about the price that the customer sometimes.

i've got a lot at £7/8 mark which should really be about a £10 which is why my average price £8.90
Minimum price is just to safe guard – work your average price Laugher, you also need to look at - how many hours do you work, and how many do you clean per hour on average.

Average price is important, luckily its just one single figure to remember – always quote above the figure.

Write it on a post it note, or the back of your hand. This number will change each time you get one new customer, so keep it updated. (Unless you want to take on customers below your current average price and reduce the value of your round.)

Richard

Latest Posts

Back