Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internals, does everyone do them?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Just had a call for a quote for a pretty big house wanting externals and internals cleaning (including frames etc inside)

Other than a few salons/shops and my own house, I don't do much trad... Should I say I cant do internals? I do enjoy it but with the size of the house and some staircase windows pretty high up and curved rather than square I'm not fully confident I can do the best possible job inside.

Does do you all usually do internals or just stick to outsides?

One of the few windows like this, I don't have ladders etc and I'm only 5ft5 haha

Attachments

• 1000010229.jpg
    1000010229.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 14
It's entirely up to yourself, it's your business so you can pick and choose what you do. For me I advertise it but I don't push it, if I get asked it's usually part of a big first clean and I'll generally come back to do the insides on a different day after doing the outsides. I find it's good to check your work, what looks perfect on the outside isn't actually perfect, you wouldn't know without looking from the inside. So it allows you to inspect your work closely and see if your technique needs adjusting.

Price wise I generally get a lot less for insides per hour. I normally charge 2 to 3 times the outside price but that's glass only, depends on how busy I am and the time of year. If it's middle of winter or we're in a bad spell of rain then I welcome it with open arms. Nice to do a couple of hours in the warmth.

@ashley1337 within reason I'm happy to clean internal reasons. I have a couple of customers thay like their kitchen and patio door windows cleaned inside. As long as there's no ornaments or knick-knacks in the way etc. I don't advertise it but do offer if I think they'll want it when I first meet them. Just an applicator that's not too wet and a good squeegee.

I do internals.
I price it at add on price I.e. the same as gutters , conservatory roofs etc.

Make sure you tell them that they have to remove ornaments etc first. I just say I’m not insured to touch them

Just had a call for a quote for a pretty big house wanting externals and internals cleaning (including frames etc inside)

Other than a few salons/shops and my own house, I don't do much trad... Should I say I cant do internals? I do enjoy it but with the size of the house and some staircase windows pretty high up and curved rather than square I'm not fully confident I can do the best possible job inside.

We did do a big office monthly outside and inside every other month, we still do a pub on the same schedule. If you can reach don't worry about the window being arched, a microfibre will cover anything left behind. As others have said tell them to open all blinds, shift any ornaments and price it well

Personally no. We did but it's usually drama. Window sills full of ornaments they are supposed to move and haven't is one.

My main concern is being blamed for a missing heirloom.

My advice is to look for external window cleaning, period.

But it's up to you and how you feel. This is just how I feel

I do them, I’m still no where near the quickest but from the start I did em and now I’m noticing how much quicker I am
than the first few years - also if you have a few larger internal jobs on the backlog and can juggle them into a bad weather day it’s nice for keeping the work flow moving.

Ii

Yes, I do quite a few on a regular basis. Generally charge 50% more than the outside and ask them to clear all the window sills to get a clear run at it. Using less water on your applicator helps to minimise too much clearing up. If they smoke you want to be charging at least twice as much than the outside though as you'll probably have to go over a lot of them twice.

No not for me external windows only no other add on‘s, unless occasionally my son might do a Saturday morning

Tell a lie I have got a customer who's nearly 100 years old. Absolutely insists her landing window at the top of the stairs is cleaned inside too. Pleasant customer though so I really don't mind.
I think if I was asked to do insides and the customers didn't move stuff off the sills I would just politely ask them to move them.

Latest Posts

Back