Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Introducing myself & other services and gutter clearance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

newmanatf

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping warm in this weather ?

I am setting up my window cleaning round this spring and was wondering what percentage of everyone's client base has their Gutters cleared each year and what other services everyone offers.

Also, any advice for a newcomer and steps to getting started greatly appreciated

thanks,
Matthew

Hi all,

I am setting up my window cleaning round this spring and was wondering what percentage of everyone's client base has their Gutters cleared each year and what other services everyone offers.

Also, any advice for a newcomer and steps to getting started greatly appreciated

thanks,
Matthew
Best tip, read every post on this forum and take notes - lots of notes. Everyone does things differently but by reading the posts on here you will have a great overview of how people work.
As for addons - personally I would start with just window cleaning as that's regular income, plus more customers you have more referrals you are likely to get.

Best tip, read every post on this forum and take notes - lots of notes. Everyone does things differently but by reading the posts on here you will have a great overview of how people work.
As for addons - personally I would start with just window cleaning as that's regular income, plus more customers you have more referrals you are likely to get.
If starting in spring I would push the gutter clearing also as loads full of fallen leaves from autumn
This will help subsidise things while building up the round
I do loads of gutters November and December and then march and April

gutter clearance is a dam good earner but only if theres 2 of you . Try not to be tempted to do the job solo on the ladder is my tip .Iv noticed a youngish windy local to me is now doing gutter clears solo and its only a matter of time till he falls the full drop.

Hi all,

thanks,
Matthew
Depends on your area, I used to do them and advertise but got virtually zero even from 100's of regular window jobs so I dropped them years ago, other lads do very well so it's hard to say.

Latest Posts

Back