Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

invoices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's getting ridiculous though....even just giving a grand to someone through a bacs transfer you need to upload 3 months bank statements in certain situations...the banks have so many restrictions these days

It's getting ridiculous though....even just giving a grand to someone through a bacs transfer you need to upload 3 months bank statements in certain situations...the banks have so many restrictions these days
Never had this ever, a biometric check and that's it.

Never had this this happen, paying in a lot of cash they will ask questions, but most of ours are now bacs payments much easier

I have been texting my customers via squeegee as soon as I've finished the job. Text usually has something along the lines of "your cleaning service has now been completed, the price for this service is £x, your account balance is now £x. Please make payment ASAP". However, I've been getting a fair few customers ask for a slip or a note through the door rather than a text so I've decided I might as well just do that with all my customers.

I've created a little spreadsheet where I can input the customer details and a bit of advertising bumf, I can print 4 slips per A4 page. Seems to be going well and only takes about 10 minutes to do the weeks work, print them out and guillotine them.

I've made a generic version of the spreadsheet, if anyone wants to use it for themselves. It's best in Google Sheets but it'll work in Excel too. Drop me a message and i'll email it over to you.

I have been texting my customers via squeegee as soon as I've finished the job. Text usually has something along the lines of "your cleaning service has now been completed, the price for this service is £x, your account balance is now £x. Please make payment ASAP". However, I've been getting a fair few customers ask for a slip or a note through the door rather than a text so I've decided I might as well just do that with all my customers.

I've created a little spreadsheet where I can input the customer details and a bit of advertising bumf, I can print 4 slips per A4 page. Seems to be going well and only takes about 10 minutes to do the weeks work, print them out and guillotine them.

I've made a generic version of the spreadsheet, if anyone wants to use it for themselves. It's best in Google Sheets but it'll work in Excel too. Drop me a message and i'll email it over to you.
To be honest mate you’re going backwards. Texts are easier for you, the customer and also give you an evidence incase folk pull the ‘I didn’t know you had been’. In 6+ years of doing this no one has ever complained about them. Maybe it’s how you word them? This is mine:

Hello [customerName]

Your windows were cleaned today. I hope you are pleased. [balance].

Thank you
NAME
WEBSITE

I print slips off cleaner planner each evening for the next days work.if I decide to clean extra jobs that day for whatever reason(that I don't have slips for)and their not in I text them.

I find if I don't leave a slip(even if their in when i clean)lots forget to pay me online

Back