Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hiring an assistant administrator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PR Cleaning Solutions

Hi guys, so I’m wondering if anyone has hired someone solely fir administration.

I have over 300 regulars and I’m finding it hard after a days work to get admin done in the evening due to tiredness and also I have 2 kids so when I’m home I’m pretty full on.

I was looking at hiring someone part time just to do 10-15 hours a week to help with following up on all the regulars, booking them in, invoicing, social media, keeping track of jobs done and payment. I use the squeegee app so would train them up on that.

In Ireland it’s different, you can’t just show up and start cleaning peoples windows, people want to be contacted previously first.

It would be a work from home job. Have any of ye hired for this role, does squeegee app work well for it? Any tips? Should I get a second work phone with WhatsApp business so the administrator can WhatsApp the customers. I’m just looking for tips and maybe if ye have experience.

I also have 300 regulars, and find there's bare minimum admin work? Are your customers on GoCardless? Do you use an app like Squeegee to manage your work?

I use Squeegee and send a mass text on a evening to all my customers for the next day, which takes 5 minutes, and you can even store all your expenses on the app too so its extremely easy to keep track of everything and its about £30/month, way cheaper than paying the crazy amount you'd need to hire someone for admin lol.

As above, I have the same number as you and find for existing customers there is next to no admin. I use Squeegee to keep track of everyone and have about a 1/4 of the customers in GoCardless. Those that pay bank though are no issues as Squeegee syncs with my bank and allows me to quickly allocate payments to the correct person.

We have someone in the office who checks all the BACS payments on the spreadsheets and bills, keeps all the roundsheets up up date she also runs the emails accounts, does on average 4-5 hours a week. However she's looking after about 1200 customers and dealing with multiple vehicles paperwork

Back