Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is £10 a panel too expensive?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SlySquid

Bit of a rant but to put it into context, I am currently a one man band and extremely busy! I had some guy phone me earlier asking for a price for his solar panels to be cleaned on a 2 story house. Not a regular customer and just a one off clean. I quoted £10 per panel as I didn't fancy taking the job on for any less than that. Customer point blank down the phone "Thats a bit expensive isn't it." The question is... What is expensive? Surely all price is relative. Would he be up there on a ladder scrubbing his solar panels for £10 a panel? I very much doubt it.

We have a minimum price of £85 for any solar panel clean ,(up to 16 panels ) if we have to make a special journey or they are coverd in liken then it’s considerably more just done 16 panels covered in liken for £450 . If one’s don’t want to lay that’s fine we don’t need the work . Down hear not many window cleaners want to do them we regularly get other window cleaners recommending us to there customers ???

We have a minimum price of £85 for any solar panel clean ,(up to 16 panels ) if we have to make a special journey or they are coverd in liken then it’s considerably more just done 16 panels covered in liken for £450 . If one’s don’t want to lay that’s fine we don’t need the work . Down hear not many window cleaners want to do them we regularly get other window cleaners recommending us to there customers ???
Exactly that. I don't fancy turning up to his house seeing a bunch of liken and cleaning them for £3 a panel. Especially when I expect a ladder to be involved and I don't fancy risking it for minimum wage. If he didn't like the price thats fine. But keep your opinion to yourself and ring the next windy. ??

Latest Posts

Back