Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Jet rinse bar brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stratf01

I watched an interesting YouTube video on this brush with the internal rinse bar. I particularly liked his point about getting dirt off windows.

Has anyone here given it a try?

This is I think the same one on eBay:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I watched an interesting YouTube video on this brush with the internal rinse bar. I particularly liked his point about getting dirt off windows.

Yes we tried it some time ago and found the brush heavy was no good with hot water, and the rinse bar hit every raised section of the frames after two houses it got relegated to the top shelf in the garage and has been there ever since ????

Fantastic Brush, never use anything else anymore.
It’s a bit weighty , but nothing to worry about. The DuPont version is a bit lighter and scrubs well.
Plenty of spread, but with the precision of jets.
You can use loads of water without any splash back.

As Pjjs comment shows brushes are a very personal thing. Try it you may love it or you may hate it.

Last edited:
It's very difficult to know if a brush/jets will work for you until you try it

Pj said it hits raised frames and others said they never had that problem

We need a windowcleaningforum pool of brushes that we can all try, like a swap shop :D Pj do you want my address for me to trial it!!

I'll wait until they've got a man sized one, finished playing with kiddies sized brushes about 10 years ago ?
I know it's a ? post but do you use a larger brush i.e. above 25cm with 4 jets type? I've been wondering if it would make any difference in speed but maintaining quality?

It's very difficult to know if a brush/jets will work for you until you try it

Pj said it hits raised frames and others said they never had that problem

We need a windowcleaningforum pool of brushes that we can all try, like a swap shop :D Pj do you want my address for me to trial it!!
You are welcome to have the thing ????

I know it's a ? post but do you use a larger brush i.e. above 25cm with 4 jets type? I've been wondering if it would make any difference in speed but maintaining quality?
Always used a 45cm flocked with 4x2mm jets on the end of a CLX27. Now I'm older, and possibly wiser, I use an Xtreme 35cm sill brush with 4x1.4mm pencil jets and an Xtreme pole. Even with the small recessed windows with a swivel you can get them easily with a bigger brush. Only time we use a small brush is on awkward angle FSG's above conny roofs etc.
We think it's much quicker, especially with the Xtreme sill brush

If your technique isn't up to scratch then this won't help you, no matter how many videos you watch which I do think can help understand things if you aren't spending 2-3 times longer on a first clean than a regular clean, then you will always get issues you need to hone your technique and it will fall into place,

as mentioned previously in another post I used pencil jets for years maybe 11-12 years and swore I couldn't use anything else until I was converted to 100-degree fan jets these give a full-width rinse to better rinse dirt down the glass but if you haven't got all that trapped dirt from behind the openers then you'll get issues also when getting a lot of dirt on the bristles and cobwebs running your brush across the lower part of a window frame to dislodge the small specks of dirt or running your hand through the bristles will also help this is something to be conscious off even on regular cleans and is something I do on almost every window,

You won't always see this dirt on every job or window but if a job is dusty or there are cobwebs on the frames or sills after quickly doing the frames and then the glass I go along the sill with my brush and then I run my brush across the lower part of the window frame to dislodge that dirt and cobweb laden dirt so as not to transfer that dirt off the sill onto the glass when I do the rinse.

If your technique isn't up to scratch then this won't help you, no matter how many videos you watch which I do think can help understand things if you aren't spending 2-3 times longer on a first clean than a regular clean, then you will always get issues you need to hone your technique and it will fall into place,

as mentioned previously in another post I used pencil jets for years maybe 11-12 years and swore I couldn't use anything else until I was converted to 100-degree fan jets these give a full-width rinse to better rinse dirt down the glass but if you haven't got all that trapped dirt from behind the openers then you'll get issues also when getting a lot of dirt on the bristles and cobwebs running your brush across the lower part of a window frame to dislodge the small specks of dirt or running your hand through the bristles will also help this is something to be conscious off even on regular cleans and is something I do on almost every window,

You won't always see this dirt on every job or window but if a job is dusty or there are cobwebs on the frames or sills after quickly doing the frames and then the glass I go along the sill with my brush and then I run my brush across the lower part of the window frame to dislodge that dirt and cobweb laden dirt so as not to transfer that dirt off the sill onto the glass when I do the rinse.
That's a fair point that.
If I was to video me doing a window on a first clean would you guys mind sorting me out ?

That's a fair point that.
If I was to video me doing a window on a first clean would you guys mind sorting me out ?
We can all make suggestions but it's practice that make perfect as the saying goes. Feeling comfortable and confident takes a lot of practice and takes time. This is why we tell new cleaners to practice cleaning their own windows dozens of times a day if needed.

Before we start to clean we look at all the windows on that side of the house, both on the ground floor and upper floors. We are looking for areas such as bird strikes that will need special attention. If there are a few then we start at the bottom of the glass on the ground floor and work up. It's easier to see dirt when the glass is dry.

We 'box' around the window giving all four sides a good scrub. This will also overlap a bit onto the glass as well. Then rinse. Then start on the glass with vertical strokes and do two passes, paying special attention to the corners where spiders nests are usually found.

Then we lift the brush off the glass to rinse and then scrub the window sill. (We have always lifted to rinse dating back to those Vikan flocked oval brushes. The only time I don't lift is when working at height or when using my swivel brush with a rinse bar. I don't particularly like using a swivel brush tbh.)

We try to remove the dirt between the lower frame and the sill, especially on the ground floor. That can sometimes take longer than cleaning the whole window. We usually wipe the lower window sill with a towel or the brush with the water off. We also dry the door off that is most used but leave the glass wet to dry normally. If no one is home, we leave the door/s to dry naturally.

Some might have a different technique. We live on the north coast so will work differently to someone inland who doesn't have to contend with the salt sea air.

When rinsing the window after scrubbing the frame, we aim to just rinse the glass and everything below.

This is just what I do. As for practice, we probably all looked like total amateurs when we tried to clean our first window wfp. I most certainly did. The first window I cleaned was with a fibreglass pole. It sure was whippy. It took a long time before we developed a technique that looked half professional.

Latest Posts

Back