Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Friendly Window Cleaners Not Any More

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not come across it, opposite to be honest and I always pass the time of day if I see another windie. Had a couple of pensioners flats nicked by one, he undercut me by a quid but not bothered cos I picked up 4 more of em same day at my price and I always say eyup mate if our paths cross. lifes too short.

Did think I was gonna get some agro 1 day on same flats, a windie came walking over to me, boab gave it away, and I thought oh heck here we go but he said old lady over there mate needs a windie can ya help her out so I said ain't that what you do bud lol, turned out he was commercial only (trad) and does all passageway windows.

Oh and he did give me a good tip through winter as well, use a wooden ladder and ya hands won't get as cold, hard he is didn't have gloves on lol.

Not come across it, opposite to be honest and I always pass the time of day if I see another windie. Had a couple of pensioners flats nicked by one, he undercut me by a quid but not bothered cos I picked up 4 more of em same day at my price and I always say eyup mate if our paths cross. lifes too short.
Did think I was gonna get some agro 1 day on same flats, a windie came walking over to me, boab gave it away, and I thought oh heck here we go but he said old lady over there mate needs a windie can ya help her out so I said ain't that what you do bud lol, turned out he was commercial only (trad) and does all passageway windows.

Oh and he did give me a good tip through winter as well, use a wooden ladder and ya hands won't get as cold, hard he is didn't have gloves on lol.
Yeah tbh i always would give another windy the time of day but you know what its like u get some that think they own a place but hey ho thats life i guess :)

my mate has a metal ladder and has duck tape all over it for his hands

That's probably the reason why some bright spark invented gloves as he must have run out of duck tape /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yeah tbh i always would give another windy the time of day but you know what its like u get some that think they own a place but hey ho thats life i guess :)
I do to, nice to talk to other windys, but hates it when a windy walks upto me, cause I always assume they will be trouble!

I'm probably one of the few that have never had any agro from other cleaners. I always say hello and stop to have a chat if I can spare the time so got to know most of them by now. /emoticons/smile.png

Like I said before I do a lot of work that customers already have a regular cleaners but can be quite funny while I'm working when they show up. Some customers panic and assume we are going to try knocking 3 bells of **** out of each other /emoticons/biggrin.png

i dont get get any grief but had them blank me when a said orite to them just little bell ends.

the problem is window cleaners are breeding like rats thats the problem.

seal skins old pal got a pair for xmas work wonders.

Hmmmm pest control now that seems an good idea AK,...I bet they make good money and much if not all in inside work too :rolleyes:

Think it might be slightly against the law to start culling window cleaners though /emoticons/biggrin.png

i dont get get any grief but had them blank me when a said orite to them just little bell ends.
the problem is window cleaners are breeding like rats thats the problem.

Hmmmm pest control now that seems an good idea AK,...I bet they make good money and much if not all in inside work too :rolleyes:
Think it might be slightly against the law to start culling window cleaners though /emoticons/biggrin.png
lol might have to go round putting poison on there ladders on a night
id like to know were that gang is i said orite to id go and nick all there ladders lol

Don't think it's a massive problem as such it's the etiquette that's the grey area as differs from area to area the unwritten laws can differ from windy to windy that's when you get the clashes I think

Hmmmm, could someone explain on here what are the unwritten laws & etiquette we are all supposed to follow? :rolleyes:

lol might have to go round putting poison on there ladders on a night
id like to know were that gang is i said orite to id go and nick all there ladders lol
been to Leeds to day they may have blown away lol

Sorry to dissapoint but I dont sell ice creams /emoticons/biggrin.png

Mr yummy is not a happy bunny with mr whippy is he now :lol:

Basicly,if your on my patch then jog on!

oh dear then he wrecks his own van again?

i wouldnt mind selling ice creams lol

were a jimmy savile mask make a fortune

The ice cream chap with the wheel brace got slapped hand in court and suspended sentence the other one who rammed th e other van is traumatised by the whole experience so the aggressive one won really that's where it goes wrong wonder how many parents still let their kids go for the ice creams now the damage is done to the round in the end

Indeed....

However clearners on the other hand are employed by the customer so there is no such thing as my patch or any other unwritten laws for that matter. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back