Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Number of houses a day and duration of each clean ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Naqib

Hello I am a new window cleaner working solo and I’ve cleaned 2 houses front and back. It takes me 3 hours to do each house. I use a traditional method.

How does someone clean 10-20 houses a day? My target is 10 houses front and back in 6 hours. I would appreciate any advice & tips.

It depends on house size for one.

Also you will get a lot faster as you gain experience.

When I did trad a 4 bed detached house would take me about 25 to 30 minutes to clean including frame wipes.

But when I started I would be lucky to do a 2 bed house in 30 mins.

Hello I am a new window cleaner working solo and I’ve cleaned 2 houses front and back. It takes me 3 hours to do each house. I use a traditional method.

How does someone clean 10-20 houses a day? My target is 10 houses front and back in 6 hours. I would appreciate any advice & tips.
How big are these houses?

With the greatest of respect if it’s taking you 3 hours to clean one house depending on size obviously I doubt you are earning much money . Trad will always be slower than WFP I used to 3-4 modern estate 3 bed semis per hour , as you get more experienced you will speed up and a regular clean will be a lot faster than an initial clean .

It depends on house size for one.

Also you will get a lot faster as you gain experience.

When I did trad a 4 bed detached house would take me about 25 to 30 minutes to clean including frame wipes.

But when I started I would be lucky to do a 2 bed house in 30 mins.
Thanks I appreciate your advice. You can’t skip beginner level I guess haha

With the greatest of respect if it’s taking you 3 hours to clean one house depending on size obviously I doubt you are earning much money . Trad will always be slower than WFP I used to 3-4 modern estate 3 bed semis per hour , as you get more experienced you will speed up and a regular clean will be a lot faster than an initial clean .
Yeah I’m just starting out. Thanks for your feedback.

I used to do about 14 detached 4 beds a day. I was 18 and paying for my travel to college,

After that I always worked with someone else and we used to do about 40 semis a day

It's because you're new to doing it. Are you nervous up the ladder?

What tools are you working with? May seem a patronising question but I remember a period of trying out trad style window cleaning with just purified water, applicator and squeegee. Needless to say it was taking longer because there was less glide on the squeegee compared to when I use dish soap, my scrims were getting wetter and smeary because of it and some of these were initial cleans too. Why did I do this when I know the dish soap, applicator, water and squeegee works? Because I like to try new things and experiment; that's something I'll never do again.

I'm guilty sometimes of using straight pulls still rather than s techniques, fanning or anything like that. Depends how I feel and what's appropriate for the size and location of the window in proportion with where I am.

I'm naughty and sometimes put my ladder on the sill (with mitts - or a swimming pool noodle if you're ghetto) because I'm a short ****, or I put it above the window under the fascia if the window is pretty big. In time you'll work out the best and safest set up for certain types of windows/properties and this will help you pick the pace up.

Sometimes if the window isn't that dirty I won't soap it up and will just scrim it or (dry) microfibre it until it's clean, I usually do that for smaller or leaded windows if they're not too bad. I do this a lot with doors or bottom side windows of a house if they're not too big.

Accessories like bucket on a belt and pouches will help you out big time and save you from fumbling around for something like a scraper or a cloth when you're up the ladder. They're worth it.

Don't use too small of a squeegee, use the biggest one you can fit in diagonally.

Wash your scrims regularly, it only makes them better.

I like to detail with chamois along the bottom. Invest into window cleaners ladders at some point. Have confidence in your work and you won't be over doing it; confidence helps with the pace. If you have kids and a family to feed keep that in your head and it helps me plow through and go quicker even when I'm feeling low or sluggish.

Make sure you have had adequate food and drink to start your day and throughout, it will give you energy and keep you going. I average 10-12 3/4 bedroom houses a day on my own, could do 20 easily when working with my dad traditionally, that's with travel time and a short break. Sometimes it's less depending on what pops up and if I'm doing bigger houses or have obstacles to work around in the garden.

I mainly do wfp now but I do like my trad work and seem to be getting an increased interest in it again from customers.

I got stuck on a roof yesterday. Clearing gutters with Vac but had to clear the valley. It was fine but after clearing valley I realised how dangerous it was getting back on to the ladder, I should have tied the ladder off. Ended up phoning the guy to come out and hold the ladder. Won't do that again.
Nothing to do with the original post

3 hours wth?? It takes me alone 20 mins per house with a top job done.

Latest Posts

Back