Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many houses and hours should I be doing daily ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I honestly don't know how you could be earning more than £300 a day by yourself in this job. I'm in my 6th year and still only on £100 a day. I realise I could have been doing much better and am now planning on upgrading and doing £200 on a 6 hour day so my earnings will be around 50k per year which I think is amazing. I realise that alot of areas are more lucrative than mine and I get how you could be on 60-70k by yourself but some of you're claims are more like you are on 100k...

Could you guys tell me how much you yourselves are actually earning per year after expenses including paying employees.
No offence but I never declare/boast on here about earnings as it’s nobody’s business.
I’ve been on here many years and laugh at some of the Willy waving.
Please ignore these attention seekers.
There’s certain newbies who treat this forum like Instagram and talk about nothing but themselves.
Please also ignore these as they only boast of what they’ve done correctly and not their mistakes.
Just concentrate on your own business and don’t compare to some of the waffle on here ??

So I’ve had a friend jump on one of my franchisees rounds for two days now. First day was £250 and the second day was just over £300

Doesn’t know the area, or houses.

That same franchisee in 2016 was doing a £1000 a week and couldn’t see how he could possible do more. Now he can hit the £1000 mark by Wednesday.

It just takes time and some skill to build the rounds. Not loads of skill, just a bit.

I did a job on Thursday. £130 3 hours. Not too shabby eh?! There was two of us!

I honestly don't know how you could be earning more than £300 a day by yourself in this job. I'm in my 6th year and still only on £100 a day. I realise I could have been doing much better and am now planning on upgrading and doing £200 on a 6 hour day so my earnings will be around 50k per year which I think is amazing. I realise that alot of areas are more lucrative than mine and I get how you could be on 60-70k by yourself but some of you're claims are more like you are on 100k...

Could you guys tell me how much you yourselves are actually earning per year after expenses including paying employees.

At £100 a day I’d rather work at Tescos.
Warm , sick pay, holiday pay, pension. No accounts. No Brainer!

There is a lot of boasting, there always has been.

For what it’s worth £300-£400 isn’t at all impossible, you just have to work at it, and think about what your doing.
You aim should be to constantly grow and refine your business. It may take a number of years, but eventually if you stick at it you’ll have a very nice and lucrative business.

Personally I take what people say about earnings with a pinch of salt. Everyone is different, different areas, different work ethic, different hours etc. That said if you are currently doing say 6 hrs, personally I would hope to be earning closer to double your £100 a day. I'm not in an affluent area of the UK but I pick and choose the areas I target. I don't go for the big houses or the cheapest areas, more the middle of the road houses. I don't actually know what other local windys charge, I charge what I consider a reasonable rate and I win about 80% of the quotes I give, but I don't canvass or do social media ads just leaflets.

I've only been going 15 months and I'm starting to speed up and notice things I can do to shave a little time off each job and make myself more efficient but maintain high quality.

From what you say it might be worth quoting significantly higher for new work and see how many quotes you win, you might be surprised. It's much easier to quote higher than it is to increase prices - in my opinion.

Where are you from?
£300-£350 a day is a decent target around here in the south east. Usually would work out to £50p/h. This is from my own experience and also from subcontracting to other companies in the surrounding areas.
Average prices would work out to be around £20, so 15-20 houses a day.

Your earnings will very much depend on your area, where we are in the NE we can do £200 a day without killing ourselves, but have been going for quite a few years. This is because we have a lot of competition and still have a lot of traditional cleaners that are happy with lower prices. We also do work in the South but earn considerably more per hour. This is because we have some very well paid jobs and a lot of the work is on big estates cleaning multiple blocks of flats. This isn't however the norm and to claim it is is misleading.
As for those claiming they make £300 a day week in week out then they are either in an exclusive area with little competition or just posting :poop: to seem clever.

I make over £300 on one day but it is only one day a month. Its a posh area with cleans around £18 to £20 a house. Rest of the month I'm between £200 a day and a ton for a half day. If you have all the equipment, electric reels and hot water then its easy to make £200 a day. I don't stop much for tea breaks or lunch when I'm working a set round.

I am on £100 per day on average in a 3-4 hour day that is a thousand times better than what I could earn at Tesco. I am however now working towards the £200 mark in a 6 hour day. As for your claims of £350-£400 per day @High-tower and @Jaygti you don't have to say exactly what your annual earnings are but you are implying you are on 90-over 100k...does anyone here believe that because sorry but I am really struggling to. Referring to £350 per day for one person as merely decent I mean that just seems ridiculous to me who would class that as decent ? Its crazy high money we are window cleaners for heaven sake.

I am on £100 per day on average in a 3-4 hour day that is a thousand times better than what I could earn at Tesco. I am however now working towards the £200 mark in a 6 hour day. As for your claims of £350-£400 per day @High-tower and @Jaygti you don't have to say exactly what your annual earnings are but you are implying you are on 90-over 100k...does anyone here believe that because sorry but I am really struggling to. Referring to £350 per day for one person as merely decent I mean that just seems ridiculous to me who would class that as decent ? Its crazy high money we are window cleaners for heaven sake.

I’m not implying anything about my annual earnings, other than turning over £300-350 in a day is not an extraordinary amount in this area. I have lots of days where I can do it, and have done it for days/weeks/months while subcontracting.
I gave you an idea of what a day would look like in terms of customers/prices/earnings, spend a bit of time looking at window cleaners price lists in the south east and you’ll see the figures I’m saying aren’t wild.
Also I don’t know where you are getting £90-100k from, I don’t know anyone who works 50 weeks a year, it’s more like 46 weeks after holidays/bank holidays/weather/illness.

While it's true we are window cleaners we are also running a business. The days when people who cleaned windows were claiming dole and just doing it for 'beer money' are long gone (OK so there might still be some).

You are under selling yourself - you are providing a bespoke window cleaning service - you are making a special visit to a persons home and clean glass, frames, sills and doors, with pure water.

I'm not saying how much you can earn as I only know what I earn but don't let other peoples figures get you down. Some people will work flat out for 8 hrs a day, others will take their time and just put in a few hrs. There are many different types of houses, most of mine are Victorian or post war with a few new builds. The new builds are so easy you can really crack through them at a decent pace. The older properties take more time not just per window but the external layouts with big bay windows front doors with porches etc...
When I started I couldn't imagine how anyone could do so many houses as 15 to 20 a day but gradually I can see it's possible, not easy but possible. I'm not saying that I want to be that busy but if you are in an affluent area then you could be be averaging £20 a house so £400 a day. I certainly couldn't do that many day in and day out but there will be people who do.

Don't undersell yourself, you are a business owner! You find your work, manage your time, provide transport, provide and maintain equipment, manage your accounts, marketing, manage risks, customer relations, communications Oh and clean windows!! You are not just a window cleaner!!

I’m not implying anything about my annual earnings, other than turning over £300-350 in a day is not an extraordinary amount in this area. I have lots of days where I can do it, and have done it for days/weeks/months while subcontracting.
I gave you an idea of what a day would look like in terms of customers/prices/earnings, spend a bit of time looking at window cleaners price lists in the south east and you’ll see the figures I’m saying aren’t wild.
Also I don’t know where you are getting £90-100k from, I don’t know anyone who works 50 weeks a year, it’s more like 46 weeks after holidays/bank holidays/weather/ill

I'm sorry but to me you were implying that. You referred to £350 as just a decent target implying that you could even make more. So how much on average are you actually making daily/ hourly then can I ask ? Because now you are saying you don't actually do 300-350 daily. We are talking about what we make on average daily not what we might make in one day now and then. Otherwise this just seems like the aforementioned willy waving.

For this area £300-350 is a decent target. £50/60 an hour is perfectly reasonable, if you were well organised and willing to put in longer days £400+ wouldn’t be impossible.
A full 7/8hr day for me is at least £300.
Using your own numbers you’d be at £250 a day if you did a full day, so another £50-100 isn’t a big stretch.

I charge £150 for Pvc clean which takes less than 4hrs. Customers are very happy with the price and also get all their windows cleaned into the bargain. I forgot to say i also clear out the gutters when cleaning Pvc.

£300 a day doesn’t tell you much anyway.

If you do it in a 4 hr day it’s seriously good.
If your scrubbing away for 9-10 hrs then it’s not very impressive at all.

£300 a day doesn’t tell you much anyway.

If you do it in a 4 hr day it’s seriously good.
If your scrubbing away for 9-10 hrs then it’s not very impressive at all.
Everyone gets so obsessed with numbers that are thrown around. We struggle to do £2k a week, 2 of us, in the NE yet can easily manage that teaching Londoners how to clean windows properly ?

Everyone gets so obsessed with numbers that are thrown around. We struggle to do £2k a week, 2 of us, in the NE yet can easily manage that teaching Londoners how to clean windows properly ?
You seem quiet obsessed with digging into the south east.
It’s not our fault you live in the rectum of England ????‍?

Latest Posts

Back