Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer lying when cancelling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Had one today,Only third clean. Email says not happy with quality of service. Aparantly the sills have never been cleaned. Now I know that's not true. I use a gardiner sill brush for every thing. I always do sills I sell the fact Ffs.

Any way I emailed back saying OK no problem happy to remove your property from the round. I do not however accept that the sills were not cleaned.

I have to reply I have to tell them no cancell by all means but don't out right

Lie.

Do you reply or just ignore them?

It may be the customer hiding the fact that they can't afford it possibly?? Easier to blame you than admit that. I would just move on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thank you for your business, I always keep a full round due to it being a popular service so if you wish to rejoin at a later date the price will go up x amount. Thank you for your recent business. Mr Dragon!!

Obviously they are unlikely to come back but still...you walk away feeling better and all while being professional about it.

I don't get bothered by customer cancelling. I will still say Hi when I clean next door. Won't let them get away with saying I do poor job though Or miss bits.

My favourite is "im going to do them myself" or the husband/son will do them from now on"

They lie about everything, it seems people in this country have a real problem being frank and honest, they will come up with all sorts of excuses to cancel instead of just saying "thanks for your service but we no longer require a window cleaner as we think its money for old rope and are not bothered about them being clean anymore so thought we would save the brass"

My favourite is "im going to do them myself" or the husband/son will do them from now on"
They lie about everything, it seems people in this country have a real problem being frank and honest, they will come up with all sorts of excuses to cancel instead of just saying "thanks for your service but we no longer require a window cleaner as we think its money for old rope and are not bothered about them being clean anymore so thought we would save the brass"
I've only had 1 tell me they can't afford it, and I still do them as and when until there finances improve, works out around 12 weekly. Had 1 say they wanted to cancel as I'd done a poor job so went straight there to rectify it, and guess what, no problem's. They tried to change there mind and keep me on. Binned them on the spot, to much hassle

People have a problem with the words "we can't afford it"....

If a customer actually says that, I'm much more sympathetic and will try and offer a cheaper solution such as less often etc.

Why the hell can't people just be honest and say they can't afford it anymore??!!

What really bugs me is if they cancel (using some rubbish excuse) where in fact they simply can't afford it anymore, whilst having a new Mercedes or BMW on the drive![emoji51]

What The Heck!!!!

Grrrrrrr...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a customer who is really really nice. When I put my prices up her went up a £1. She said she would have to cancel as she couldn't afford it.

I can hear you saying ok bye then.

But my problem is she showed me her monthly budget (spreadsheet!) and honestly she couldn't afford the increase. Also she pays her neighbours if they are out.

I said don't tell anyone but I will keep your windows at the current rate.

Result= she's happy and I feel good helping her with her budget!!

Don't really know why I have put this on here. But I'm addicted to the forum

What annoys me about it is...... is.... ermmm........is......

Oh yes that's it! It annoys me that I cant be bothered to be annoyed.

I have had the 'not up to standard' a few times in my windy life. The reaponse is I whizz straight round so they can show me any issue.... only once had I actually not been up to snuff.

Lifes too short to get agitated by things like this. Honestly.

I'm more used to texts like this.

20170412_203304.png

If a customer actually says that, I'm much more sympathetic and will try and offer a cheaper solution such as less often etc.

Why the hell can't people just be honest and say they can't afford it anymore??!!

What really bugs me is if they cancel (using some rubbish excuse) where in fact they simply can't afford it anymore, whilst having a new Mercedes or BMW on the drive![emoji51]

What The Heck!!!!

Grrrrrrr...

I had similar recently, I promised to keep prices for 12 months when I took over a round, 2 years later I decided to put the price up. The customer when I said it was going from £5 to £7 (even that's too cheap) stood next to his 17 plates Land Rover discovery and asked if negotiable and he would be more comfortable with £6. He said he would do them despite him saying I do a good job. I've been back once to the street and let him come to me. He didn't so when he asks me to start up again it will be as a new customer at the new customer rate. Just don't get some people

What really bugs me is if they cancel (using some rubbish excuse) where in fact they simply can't afford it anymore, whilst having a new Mercedes or BMW on the drive!
emoji51.png

What The Heck!!!!

Grrrrrrr...
Couldn't agree more and it doesn't bother me when someone makes up a story because they are struggling, it is after all simply a service we sell - not a life long blood oath to be our customers!

However the one thing that really knots my stomach and gets me mad is when they blame it on a bad job, or accuse me of trying to cheat them in some way. One thing that I can't take is being accused if dishonesty in my work.

Had one today,Only third clean. Email says not happy with quality of service. Aparantly the sills have never been cleaned. Now I know that's not true. I use a gardiner sill brush for every thing. I always do sills I sell the fact Ffs.Any way I emailed back saying OK no problem happy to remove your property from the round. I do not however accept that the sills were not cleaned.

I have to reply I have to tell them no cancell by all means but don't out right

Lie.

Do you reply or just ignore them?
I like your style Eddie, totally called them out as liars! Good to get it off your chest too especially if you know you cleaned them. I feel WC are in a good position just to tell the custy how it is sometime, especially when there is so much more work out there! I had a custy trying it on once, got me back to there gaff trying to show me dirt that just wasn't there! They wanted freebie i think, anyway i wasn't having it because i knew i left them in a great condition. So i just called her out right to her face. And the best thing about is if it's the truth they can't really answer back because they not they are lying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back