Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaded Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is me doing leaded earlier..not hard to to really so i don't know what the fuss is about..a window is a window

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yycy6zjlxxmieva/20150707_144514.mp4?dl=0

£1 asda glass cleaning microfibre to wipe water off and wilkos big one to buff with

They are hoth good microfibre and leave no fluff

For a quid they are better than unger microwipes

They come with a black strip sown on one side that i just cut the stitching off with my scraper blade

In case that link don't work for those without dropbox i utubed it now

[media]

[/media]

In case that link don't work for those without dropbox i utubed it now[media]

Cool mate. Do you think the Asda microfibre could get slightly soaked in the clean water in a really hot weather, to get rid of streaks that would otherwise get dry already during wiping the water off, and certainly long before buffing?

Ot didn't take me long on that window but bigger ones can take longer and start to dry

Once you have done a few windows the small microfibre will be quite damp

If it's too hot don't squeegee off the first couple of windows so you can get the cloth wet and when it starts drying do it again..it is like you are constantly adjusting it to your needs

Modern leaded windows are no problem whatsoever. I have two methods according to the seasons:

In winter or on cold dank days I wash the window with my applicator, squeegee off, wipe off all remaining water with a marine drying towel then buff up with a large micro fibre glass cloth.

In warmer, sunnier weather I dont squeegee the water off as the remaining water can dry quickly and leave marks. I simply wash with the applicator, dry the window off with a marine drying towel or large micro fibre glass cloth ( I usually have two cloths on the go, alternating as one becomes too wet), then buff up with a dry large micro fibre glass cloth.

I find using the right cloths makes all the difference.

I know you like the paragon ones mr t

I will eventually try some when i need more

Latest Posts

Back