Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaky tank, its like condesation but leaking slightly. Correctly used ptfe tape. Wound a few times following the thread clockwise. Any advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gbearley

Hi all, hope business is good. I have a leaky tap valve. It feels like condensation on the tap but I'm real worried it'll ruin my van.

Any help is appreciated thank you

Need a bit more information to help. Few pictures would be helpful too.

Are you sure it is peeking from the tap?

And if it is, is it leaking before, after or from the tap gland?

A few wraps as in 4-5 wraps of ptfe tape isn't enough at all, x10 should be enough, Purefreedom use a Fibre Ptfe tape this is far better but not too easy to get hold off

As in ruining your van, if you have plywood down it's best to have that ripped out as moisture and water has the potential to get everywhere and anywhere and black mould will grow on the plyboard

If leaking under pressure ptfe floss that gas engineers use is a lot better than tape
Seals like a dream
Wrap it round in the grooves of the threads

You really need to dry the area round the tap and then watch to see where the leak is coming from. Until you find the source you will just be jumping from one idea to another and maybe causing yourself more issues. It could even be the tap part of the valve that's leaking and no amount of ptfe will fix that.
Gas PTFE taps is thicker than normal plumbing so needs less turns to help seal.

Back