Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking to offer Pressure washing, is it an profitable add on service?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will. C.

Hi all I'm looking to offer pressure washing as an add on to my window and gutter cleaning business,  is pressure washing really profitable? I'm looking to spend 2.5-3k on gear and looking to do 1 or 2 days a week with my addons,  how long should I expect a return on my investment? Is £250+ a day feasible?

Any help would be  brilliant.

Looking to start in 2022 in spring. 

Its a P.O.A job, its the same as anything.

If you can get it right, do a good job then im sure theres good money to be made.

Price, location, mindset thats the deciding factors.

Hi all I'm looking to offer pressure washing as an add on to my window and gutter cleaning business,  is pressure washing really profitable? I'm looking to spend 2.5-3k on gear and looking to do 1 or 2 days a week with my addons,  how long should I expect a return on my investment? Is £250+ a day feasible?

Have you canvassed potential customers or made enquiries to gauge the demand for an add on service first.

You can spend thousands on kit with ease, but not having customers first is a waste of time and money exercise in my opinion 

Yes that amount is easily achievable down hear in a morning don’t know about your area , but I h ave noticed a drop off in enquires for it over the last few years no ideas  why I would try and speak to existing customers to see if it’s something they would like and if so give them a price and see what they say , no point in buying kit if you cannot make it pay , di you offer gfs cleaning ? As this can bring in a fair bit of money and you already have the kit .

Yes that amount is easily achievable down hear in a morning don’t know about your area , but I h ave noticed a drop off in enquires for it over the last few years no ideas  why I would try and speak to existing customers to see if it’s something they would like and if so give them a price and see what they say , no point in buying kit if you cannot make it pay , di you offer gfs cleaning ? As this can bring in a fair bit of money and you already have the kit .
There's a lot firms that solely pressure wash and some are very well equipped with hotwater systems. I'm in another forum for it and they say they are busy throughout the year, maybe they have increased their market share. 

Plus places like Aldi around Easter sell a petrol washer. Every year there's new firms offering it for next to nothing as well. They dont last that long..

Also the last couple of years people have been around the house a lot more so they have been doing it themselves.. I have quoted jobs and as I have walked around their garden I've come across large stashes of 20litre hypo containers.

They have killed the weeds themselves and then they want a quote to clean sand... I gave a fair few a quote and never heard back from them. They probably bought a washer did it themselves..

Have you canvassed potential customers or made enquiries to gauge the demand for an add on service first.

You can spend thousands on kit with ease, but not having customers first is a waste of time and money exercise in my opinion 
I haven't canvassed but my window cleaning clients are Interested in the service. Plus the demand is everywhere lol in Dorset block paving is everywhere...

There does seem to be a market out there definitely, yes I do offer GSF cleaning, I teamed up with another windy and we did £400 in one day 8-2.30 this also is an amazing add on.

There does seem to be a market out there definitely, yes I do offer GSF cleaning, I teamed up with another windy and we did £400 in one day 8-2.30 this also is an amazing add on.
I'm not one of these that claims to earn 100's of pounds a day, every day, but £400 for 2 people working a combined 13 hours doing FSG'S isn't great money, even in the NE where a 3 bed semi is £10 at best for windows.

The dirtiest job of them all. Pain in the ass if your doing windows before or after with it taking up all the room in the van aswell!

Back