Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trouble at flats!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Did some leafleting Friday and got a call from a upstairs flat who wanted a one off quoted £12 I don't do many sundays but agreed to go this morning and do some shopping while out.

whilst cleaning some hag sticks her head out of the window downstairs and asks me if I will be drying her windows, I replied no, she bites back saying she's not happy as her son cleans them, I reply with "what do you do when it rains"? She says "what do you mean"? I say "well my water is cleaner than rain water do you dry them when it rains"? She shuts window in a huff!

I bet the womans windows below still dry out with drip marks and spotty though as they have not been washed or rinsed. She is now thinking cleaner than rain water my **** /emoticons/biggrin.png

I bet the womans windows below still dry out with drip marks and spotty though as they have not been washed or rinsed. She is now thinking cleaner than rain water my **** /emoticons/biggrin.png
That she maybe but at the and of the day the woman above her is entitled to have work carried out at her home, like I said I bet the woman doesn't dry the water off her windows when it's been raining if she said she did then she would have an argument?

To be honest the few times I have had an issue with this I don't argue as I can see there point, it ain't going to be clean water falling on windows, I just tell above neighbour that the below neighbour is not happy and that usually has more effect than getting in an argument.

To be honest, the below flat owner has a point. People can be pre-aware of rain but imagine if she had just had hers cleaned & now they are covered in your dirty water plus all the slash marks off her sills etc. It's always been a tricky one this but at the end of the day it's you who has affected the lower windows.

Why not try and come to arrangement of coinciding before she gets hers cleaned each month.

To be honest, the below flat owner has a point. People can be pre-aware of rain but imagine if she had just had hers cleaned & now they are covered in your dirty water plus all the slash marks off her sills etc. It's always been a tricky one this but at the end of the day it's you who has affected the lower windows.
Don't agree I'm afraid the issue lies squarely with the woman I'm carrying the work out for and the woman underneath, I have been asked to do a job and carried the work out.

When my customers have new roofs put on the builders don't clean the debris off the glass when they have finished.

Don't agree I'm afraid the issue lies squarely with the woman I'm carrying the work out for and the woman underneath, I have been asked to do a job and carried the work out.When my customers have new roofs put on the builders don't clean the debris off the glass when they have finished.
If you spray painted a customer's fence & got paint all over the neighbor's car who would be to blame? If you jetwashed a customer's drive & washed all the sludge onto the neighbor's property who would be to blame?

The customer has asked you to clean her windows, it can't be assumed or expected that the customer has knowledge of your method of carrying that task out or the implications of it on other people's properties. You can't put the responsibility of the implications that your method of cleaning has on non associated properties on the shoulder of your customer. Only my opinion of course AND we are only talking about a bit of water from a one off clean but this is a bit of a grey area and I certainly wouldn't like it done to my property without prior agreement or consent.

I normally just say 'i will just give yours a wash too when i'm done' then do the quickest wash man has ever seen, in about 30 seconds

i just take out squeeze and take it off its very simple as u r washin dirty water all over her windows

and it generally only bes the bottom half there windows get wet just squeeze it off

do u have ur van sign writing done @Poles Apart

To avoid having anyone kick off in ground floor appartments I like to inform them first what I'm doing. That is if they are home as is only curtious to do so. If they are in I normally get oh great can you do mine too while you are here. Yes love I will give you a special rate as I'm nice like that... /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you wet a lower floor. Your at fault. END OFF

Tell her when you do them, so she can get her son to do them just after.

Explain its pure water and tries perfect.

I had a bit of over spray on a semi. Next door pops head out, telling me I wet her windows last time also. I just say sorry and do it again. It was a few drops for Gods sake lol

Back