Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Min fees - fronts only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spit & polish

Hello i was wondering 

What you guys do for a minimum fee as i have quite alot of fronts only jobs (based essex/london border)

Also seen plenty of from prices of rival firms for front and back but fronts only not many, what % are you guys adding adding for 8 weekly, as it's my most popular service,which i dont mind in a way as it gives me time to build more customers in an exact area before next clean eaxh time but obviously need more customers to be totally fun.

Thanks to anyone still reading!

Front only on Victorian terraced houses £12 per house can do 7 per hour taking it easy , but my minimum charge is more than that for other work but don’t want to rock the boat with theses existing customers as we have all houses in a row so it’s nice work . 

Front only on Victorian terraced houses £12 per house can do 7 per hour taking it easy , but my minimum charge is more than that for other work but don’t want to rock the boat with theses existing customers as we have all houses in a row so it’s nice work . 
When you say Victorian terraces are these with large double bays, just curious

I have a minimum charge of £8 but I do have some fronts at £7 but they are just 2 upper windows a door and a average bay window all in a nice row and take no time to do

When you say Victorian terraces are these with large double bays, just curious

I have a minimum charge of £8 but I do have some fronts at £7 but they are just 2 upper windows a door and a average bay window all in a nice row and take no time to do
The 3 storey ones in the picture are  £15-18  we only have 30 like this , the two storey ones are £12  and we have around 80 of them  as they are more common than the 3 storey ones round hear . 

B910B087-FF51-4951-A348-04067279CC4E.jpeg

04978908-599C-4F72-BB86-93BD05DA8B00.jpeg

The 3 storey ones in the picture are  £15-18  we only have 30 like this , the two storey ones are £12  and we have around 80 of them  as they are more common than the 3 storey ones round hear . 

View attachment 26087

View attachment 26088
Those are good prices, obviously a tad more work with sash windows and those deep painted sills, but my jobs similar to those are £8 but they have new upvc frames but no doubt they aren't as pricey as those houses 

Those are good prices, obviously a tad more work with sash windows and those deep painted sills, but my jobs similar to those are £8 but they have new upvc frames but no doubt they aren't as pricey as those houses 
Years ago I turned down all front only jobs it was only after reading a post  on the other forum about a guy that did front only and made a very good living from it it got me thinking , fronts only provided you have a few in a row is dead easy, quick and I love it I wish we had more of them to be honest , I was a bit slow on the uptake on that one ??

Hello i was wondering 

What you guys do for a minimum fee as i have quite alot of fronts only jobs (based essex/london border)

Also seen plenty of from prices of rival firms for front and back but fronts only not many, what % are you guys adding adding for 8 weekly, as it's my most popular service,which i dont mind in a way as it gives me time to build more customers in an exact area before next clean eaxh time but obviously need more customers to be totally fun.

Thanks to anyone still reading!
My minimum is offically £12 which I haven't updated for a while.  I do use some common sense sometimes though and drop it to £10 if it's a doddle and it suits my round to take on. I love some of the 10 minute front only jobs. Can be good little earners.

My minimum was £10 For years, but at the start of the year I decided any new jobs would be from £15. So older existing still have £10 for a small front only. 
But My average price according to Cleaner planner is £25, so I don’t get lots of small job enquiries. But this year I’ve picked up a couple more say 2 bed semi detached bungalows no conservatory nor skylights, for £15, which 2 years ago i would of said £10/£12/£14. 

Surprisingly it’s been fine, I’m trying to recall any this year that felt like £15.00 was too much for a small property. I recently quoted and got a 1 bed upstairs council flat. He’s a Nice easy going bloke which helps. I said to him my minimum is £15, I said it with a slight tone thinking I’d be too much, but he said it’s fine as I got recommended to him I found out afterwards. It takes me a very nice and slow-leisurely 10/12 minutes. I introduced myself to the downstairs and left them my card with them on the next clean, I really really want the pair of them together for £15 each ??.
A mate of mine has a minimum of £20 and said it’s unusual he doesn’t get it.

Even if you don’t get it, why does it matter? ultimately It’s Only a small job that the person is mainly concerned by the price, not you or your service. 

But going back to it actually, right at the beginning of my journey, I do remember having a £8 job which was about 5-7 minutes from my nearest other job. Even back then when I was starting out with hardly any work or money, I still felt like it wasn’t really worth driving 5-7 minutes, cleaning for 20 minutes (as I was slow still) and then driving 5-7 minutes back. He dropped me in the end thankfully after about a year  ? 

Years ago I turned down all front only jobs it was only after reading a post  on the other forum about a guy that did front only and made a very good living from it it got me thinking , fronts only provided you have a few in a row is dead easy, quick and I love it I wish we had more of them to be honest , I was a bit slow on the uptake on that one ??
I have two blocks of work in one long street and it's good money I can do the up's on 3 houses then the downs all done very quickly 

Back