Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Missing the bleeding obvious - little orange stains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

try bouncing your brosh off and on the stains flat facing with water flow on

That's a good tip for any sills with heavy debris, that's how I clean most of my sills, fast little bounces with the tip of the bristles hitting the sill. Works better than side to side swiping. Also good for snail trails on the glass, really fast bouncing of the brush following the line of the snail trail (not across it).

That's a good tip for any sills with heavy debris, that's how I clean most of my sills, fast little bounces with the tip of the bristles hitting the sill. Works better than side to side swiping. Also good for snail trails on the glass, really fast bouncing of the brush following the line of the snail trail (not across it).
Quick spray with flash bleach kitchen spray before cleaning will also remove it and freshen up the plastics as well, obviously wouldn’t do that on every clean

Now the only problem is finding a spray bottle that lasts more than a fortnight before the spray just dribbles out. ?
Car detailing spray bottles are by far the best I usually just use an old Quick Detailer bottle still using the same one years later, also the issue with carrying a bottle in the Moerman side kit pouch, for example, is when the bottle gets low on soap solution it foams up more in the bottle when walking around which can cause the issue you are having so best to not let the product level drop much below half.

Car detailing spray bottles are by far the best I usually just use an old Quick Detailer bottle still using the same one years later, also the issue with carrying a bottle in the Moerman side kit pouch, for example, is when the bottle gets low on soap solution it foams up more in the bottle when walking around which can cause the issue you are having so best to not let the product level drop much below half.
I'll take a look at those, cheers Scottish ?

Currently using an Astonish mould and mildew bottle but have used any spray bottles we've used up at hime really- flash bathroom spray, elbow grease, windolene (lol) zoflora etc.

But it seems almost though the spray mechanism is only designed to last the length of time it takes to empty the manufacturers product lol. Cheapest materials for cost efficiency - Talk about a throwaway society. ?

I'll take a look at those, cheers Scottish ?

Currently using an Astonish mould and mildew bottle but have used any spray bottles we've used up at hime really- flash bathroom spray, elbow grease, windolene (lol) zoflora etc.

But it seems almost though the spray mechanism is only designed to last the length of time it takes to empty the manufacturers product lol. Cheapest materials for cost efficiency - Talk about a throwaway society. ?
Scottish ?

Ime not saying do this regularly but a bit of ciff cream cleaner on the brush will remove it any stains in the plastic will disappear in a few hours
I've seen Ciff mentioned regularly in the past but never looked into it. Is it just the standard cream cleaner and what's the reasoning for using it over say a degreaser? Does it not scratch the plastic?

I've seen Ciff mentioned regularly in the past but never looked into it. Is it just the standard cream cleaner and what's the reasoning for using it over say a degreaser? Does it not scratch the plastic?
Yes just kitchen cleaner , it is slightly abrasive but very good for removing dead film and ingrained dirt in white upvc never caused any scratches using it , it’s better than just de greaser on this type of thing

It is a mild abrasive, so you are right it will scratch the upvc but very very fine scratches that won't be noticeable. You can only do this on white upvc though as the wood coloured is just a thin foil coating and obviously not on sprayed frames or ali.

Yes just kitchen cleaner , it is slightly abrasive but very good for removing dead film and ingrained dirt in white upvc never caused any scratches using it , it’s better than just de greaser on this type of thing
Cheers I'll do some experimenting with it. Do you use it neat with the brush? Also do you touch the glass with it?

Cheers I'll do some experimenting with it. Do you use it neat with the brush? Also do you touch the glass with it?
Personally I use it neat but on a sponge, personally I would avoid using it on a brush as I think it gets on your pole and acts as an abrasive between clamps and pole.
I use pink stuff so much more than ciff as it's just easier to use and doesn't run plus I think ciff has some mild bleach in and no matter how careful I am I always get some on my clothes and damage them.

Yes I just squirt a load on the door and put a small amount of water on it give it a good scrub and rinse comes up well ( especially if they have dogs that have jump up the door and got mud all over it) also do the same with window frames and cover the glass as well scrub the lot been doing this for well over 15 years and never had any problems, have used it on alloy frames if they are powdery it will remove the anodised coating but if they are that bad then it will come off ti a greater degree with just the brush and water

Scottish ?
S
It is a mild abrasive, so you are right it will scratch the upvc but very very fine scratches that won't be noticeable. You can only do this on white upvc though as the wood coloured is just a thin foil coating and obviously not on sprayed frames or ali.
A great in between the two products cream cleaner and pink stuff is Bar Keepers Friend. It's. Powder so lightweight to carry in your pouch, mildly abrasive but not as much as pink stuff so doesn't leave swirls in white pvcu and leave athe shine and also great on glass and as stain remover if leave it on a bit. Sprinkle on a damp cloth or shake on the sills or shake on the brush head for silicone staining on upstairs sills. It's good for finials too on conny roof.

Scottish ?
God knows where that came from- the only thing was I was bleary eyed going for my morning constitutional and when I squint your avatars look very vaguely similar so that's what I'll blame....or like @Chris34 said you're starting to sound like Michael more and more ?? or I think of Scottish when I'm on the crapper lol

Cheers though I'll look out for those bottles.

God knows where that came from- the only thing was I was bleary eyed going for my morning constitutional and when I squint your avatars look very vaguely similar so that's what I'll blame....or like @Chris34 said you're starting to sound like Michael more and more ?? or I think of Scottish when I'm on the crapper lol
I have no words
Cheers though I'll look out for those bottles.
I use this Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Quick Detailer 16oz | Halfords UK as well as others but this is the one that I've had the bottle for over 4 years now a lot of them don't come in clear bottles like this one Finale - Quick Detail Spray Enriched With T1 Grade Brazilian Carnauba but I've only recently started their products

Back