Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My windows are okay this month ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So it took you 18 months to get to 50k a year?that's some going.well done....its took me 29 years to get to that turnover...
Nah , nothing impressive. I kept a day a week from the first time, it had built up a bit and my wife helped out a bit. So already had £15k turnover to start with. I brought another approx £18k per year, so it wasn’t too hard to canvass the rest. With some walk ups and recommendations too. 

How long do you allow customers to pay??
I send a reminder txt on 1st of the month regardless of if youve been cleaned on the 2nd or the 31st, once you have a solid reliable customer base you soon know

Whose paying cash

Whoses gonna bacs same day

Whose gonna go two cleans before paying

Whose gonna pay on their pay day

How long commercials are gonna take

Its just a case of knowing your customers.

So it took you 18 months to get to 50k a year?that's some going.well done....its took me 29 years to get to that turnover...
I think it can be done a lot faster then that mate 29year 

And that’s for anywhere in the country.

It all depends how much you want it 

Last edited by a moderator:

I've never actively sought work for many years....its just grown organically into what it is today through price rises,walk ups and recommendations....

When I first joined a forum back in 2009 I was ladders only and earning around 18k a year and thought about jacking it in as I was fed up of climbing ladders...and being skint!

That may well be the case, but until wfp became more of a thing about 14 years ago and things progressively improved within the industry pricing and so on and without a forum like this we were out on our own people have come into this industry in the last five years or so and are getting all the help they ask for that just didn't happen years ago and people were completely clueless now window cleaning is the golden goose. 

That may well be the case, but until wfp became more of a thing about 14 years ago and things progressively improved within the industry pricing and so on and without a forum like this we were out on our own people have come into this industry in the last five years or so and are getting all the help they ask for that just didn't happen years ago and people were completely clueless now window cleaning is the golden goose. 
Very true mate!

I've never actively sought work for many years....its just grown organically into what it is today through price rises,walk ups and recommendations....

When I first joined a forum back in 2009 I was ladders only and earning around 18k a year and thought about jacking it in as I was fed up of climbing ladders...and being skint!
Fair play mate good on you good to have a good loyal customer base. 

I'm only on the pole 6 years, and without forum help, I dread to think how frustrating it must have been. Thank you ? ?

I know what you mean but then wfp came along and turned industry right way up. Windows this morning and then back and forth from merchants to fix an old tile roof. Replaced half a dozen tiles and told customer neighbour has a plastic dry-verge missing exposing a hole. End of job customer said I was to go in and see them about it. So went in and they asked if I cleaned windows as well so ended up getting them as a customer and probably the other 4 in the crescent. Sometimes it just falls into place but maybe its because no one can get tradesmen because they all seem to busy.

I'm only on the pole 6 years, and without forum help, I dread to think how frustrating it must have been. Thank you ? ?
Not frustrating at all, just the industry has shifted massively that's the point I was trying to make and wfp created the biggest shift 14 years ago wfpers in the minority and people had no clue about wfp at all me included ? 

@Jonny 67 would you have become a window cleaner though if you had to go up a ladder and clean them trad?

Not frustrating at all, just the industry has shifted massively that's the point I was trying to make and wfp created the biggest shift 14 years ago wfpers in the minority and people had no clue about wfp at all me included ? 

@Jonny 67 would you have become a window cleaner though if you had to go up a ladder and clean them trad?
I did start off on a ladder 10 years ago, before going wfp. Without wfp though, it would have been a short term move. I'd never go trad again. Ever...

I did start off on a ladder 10 years ago, before going wfp. Without wfp though, it would have been a short term move. I'd never go trad again. Ever...
I'm guessing you found a lot of info online even if it wasn't here to help you make the switch, I was trad for 8 years and it was getting to a point were some jobs just weren't doable on certain days because of slippy paving or roof tiles on extensions 

I'm guessing you found a lot of info online even if it wasn't here to help you make the switch, I was trad for 8 years and it was getting to a point were some jobs just weren't doable on certain days because of slippy paving or roof tiles on extensions 
All my info came from online ?

All my info came from online ?
This info didn't magically appear out of thin air then, the point I was raising about the wealth of info sourced via this forum and of course other online sources is that we old skooler's and the relative newbies had a go to place this wasn't the case years ago and manufacturer's like Gardiners had lightbulb ideas and used window cleaners as testers and methods and ideas were shared this has given a wealth of knowledge to us all, years ago it was magazines trade shows etc that had helped most industries progress window cleaning was a quite a solo thing as far as progression and sharing of ideas and experiences went, 

But despite all of this some are still in the dark, so going back to the very first post on this, definitely not unreasonable for a customer to ask about methods of cleaning, because some us are top notch and others are splash and dash despite all the wealth of knowledge online ?

This info didn't magically appear out of thin air then, the point I was raising about the wealth of info sourced via this forum and of course other online sources is that we old skooler's and the relative newbies had a go to place this wasn't the case years ago and manufacturer's like Gardiners had lightbulb ideas and used window cleaners as testers and methods and ideas were shared this has given a wealth of knowledge to us all, years ago it was magazines trade shows etc that had helped most industries progress window cleaning was a quite a solo thing as far as progression and sharing of ideas and experiences went, 

But despite all of this some are still in the dark, so going back to the very first post on this, definitely not unreasonable for a customer to ask about methods of cleaning, because some us are top notch and others are splash and dash despite all the wealth of knowledge online ?
Thankfully you can't educate pork. All of my customers, have had a window cleaner previous to me. The vast majority of them were useless! Obviously there were other reasons, but in general my customers at some point got rid of them. I'm grateful to the slap dashers, as they've created an opening for me ?. Like you say, all the information is out there, and these guys just can't grasp it. It's baffling! 

Thankfully you can't educate pork. All of my customers, have had a window cleaner previous to me. The vast majority of them were useless! Obviously there were other reasons, but in general my customers at some point got rid of them. I'm grateful to the slap dashers, as they've created an opening for me ?. Like you say, all the information is out there, and these guys just can't grasp it. It's baffling! 
Pigs are highly motivated by food. Teaching tricks and skills are simple with a small, easy to handle and quick to eat reward such as air popped non-salted, non-buttered popcorn, cheerios, shredded wheat, small bite of apple, quartered or halved grape. Pigs thrive on routine.

Apparently you can ⬆️ although there is no doubt some are as think as ??

Pigs are highly motivated by food. Teaching tricks and skills are simple with a small, easy to handle and quick to eat reward such as air popped non-salted, non-buttered popcorn, cheerios, shredded wheat, small bite of apple, quartered or halved grape. Pigs thrive on routine.

Apparently you can ⬆️ although there is no doubt some are as think as ??
True. But a pigs biggest contribution to mankind is bacon. ?

My mate has just had his broken eardrum replaced by a pigs eardrum!

I asked him what’s the sound like now. He replied ‘yeh fine, apart from a little crackling’ ?

True. But a pigs biggest contribution to mankind is bacon. ?

My mate has just had his broken eardrum replaced by a pigs eardrum!

I asked him what’s the sound like now. He replied ‘yeh fine, apart from a little crackling’ ?
I've heard that if you get a pigs tail grafted to your body after the ear drum op and you twirl the tail the opposite way it tunes out the crackling, tell your mate to get the op 

I’m top notch ? got 101 customers now and none complain ?

Back