Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best way to get paid?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

The majority of my customers pay on time either when I clean or put it under a flower pot ect some bank transfer but am fast getting fed up of following up on customers that forget to pay or haven't been to the bank yet, Id like to drop the slow payers but am not earning enough to do that yet although i will drop them asap. how do you collect money? am I making life difficult for myself, whats the fastest way you find to get the clean window money in your pocket?

anyone used izettle or similar is it any good?

same goes for direct debit?

Majority of mine pay BACS, only had a few messers, but once you have been going for awhile you end up with money coming in constantly so being owed £100 from late payers (they are the same every month) isn't a big issue.

Think a lot wait to get paid if paid monthly etc.

yep absolutely ages since I went collecting and it makes this job sooooo much better..

most leave cash and cash is king....

some pay online ..

but I do have a few problems...

some times they say oh leave your details I will do it online and they dont but I cant remember if they paid on the day or not...

so now ..I have started at long last writing everything down..

got one at the mo ...so I just put twice on the slip ...I honestly cant remember as another woman came in...did she pay or not...:eek:

so yes ..keep on top of it..

dont know how some on here manage to keep track of it all..../emoticons/biggrin.png

The majority of my customers pay on time either when I clean or put it under a flower pot ect some bank transfer but am fast getting fed up of following up on customers that forget to pay or haven't been to the bank yet, Id like to drop the slow payers but am not earning enough to do that yet although i will drop them asap. how do you collect money? am I making life difficult for myself, whats the fastest way you find to get the clean window money in your pocket?

The trouble is with messers is that they take up your valuable time. Each messer on your books isn't a good customer, he/she is just a name. Each time you have to chase payment its costing you money and time. This means that the profit in your clean is being eroded each time you have to follow it up. Messers will eventually choke your business.

Better to weed them out at the first hint of trouble. The moment they start, get the money, canvass for a replacement and drop them. If the replacement is also a messer, then dump and start again. Sometimes you have to dump them before you have replaced them.

Unfortunately, only a small portion of these people change their ways. The vast majority will mess the next window cleaner around. Let your competition take them on. You will eventually have a full round of good customers. But you also have to keep vigilant as some good customers go bad. They have to be binned as well.

We live in an area where most service providers have to collect. The gardener collects, the dog walker collects, the dog minders collect, the milkman collects, so do we as well.

Yes we do have a number who pay by bacs but they are few and far between. We collect on a Friday evening. I would rather not, but it does keep us in touch with our customers.

yes still not got over the custy whom back and forth sent me ten emails and I duly turned up and cleaned it..

nope not paid ...that was months ago..

I had another job nearby ..paid once ...never contacted me again..

had one on moby this week she said about how much I said send my your address and number and I will pop a price through..didnt send it so I dont know where she is..

some funny people out there..

I dont chase ..if they dont pay they dont get done if they say youve been a long time I shall point out that ..

my direct debit custy who pays on the first of the month always gets done...

pay me and you get your windows cleaned...simples.../emoticons/biggrin.png

now using the power of the lads on this forum...

I have a job booked in on thursday and I pass a house I do occasionally when she texts me...

SO COME ON LADS...TWEMLOW...I know its a funny word but she may just get the message and that would fit in nicely as I am passing...

so send twemlow and window cleaning...

the power of the forum...

bet she feckin texts on friday...:rofl:

talking of collecting did,int get in until 8,30 lastnight

left my collecting until end of week

so lucky got all coin in. its not the best though

Some people just forget - don't worry about it

They will pay up eventually

its funny when I used to do it...
sometimes you get em all great...

other night no buggers in.
.:eek:
We have found over the years that collecting gets worse as we head into the summer school holidays. Sometimes the effort isn't worth it, but then that hindsight speaking.

carry headed writing paper,envelopes and stamps in the sunvisor of my van- ready to launch written reminders at any time

I use the service Gocardless.

I have managed to build up a nice amount of work on these new build sites that pop up. Problem is most of them are out at work or work miles away from home as they couldn't afford to buy where they work (London/surrey etc)

To combat bad payers/late payers i use go cardless. If you sign up using this link we both get £50 off in fees. I am more than happy to help out people who want to incorporate it.

https://gocardless.com/?r=M8E5G6KY&utm_source=website&utm_medium=copy_paste&utm_campaign=referral_scheme_50

Basically its a direct debit which you can start from your end.

Its a fantastic way to deal with bad bayers and only costs 1% So 10p for a £10

Go cardless is great just getting everyone to use it thats hard.

Any new custies form now on will be online or leave cash out, no more collecting!

I constantly am owed anything between 400 quid to a grand I log all my work what I've done and who's payed on the computer I make sure I get everyone's details number etc when i take them on and and ring or text when it's been a while.

Funny though just recently I got knocked a tenner from a woman I thought I got on really well with she moved and when I call her she puts the phone down and won't answer my texts the general public never cease to amaze me although 98% of them are good.

Latest Posts

Back