Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need an alternative to the Squeegee App

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@Squeegee App think you need to weigh in on this fee question before it ends up as hear say. 

Why ask me and not the people that make it?  

We are on enterprise £40 something a month as we have employees and franchisees so need different user permissions etc so I dont know what entry level offers.  

Thanks for tagging us, just on the way into the office, there's a lot to read on this thread and we'll respond to each of the points raised ?

So the official answer is:

1% for free subscription.

0.5% for premium and enterprise. 

Would have thought it makes sense for it to be 0.25% fof Enterprise!

Just a shame none of this is in the Terms and Conditions. Which are worth a read by the way! Keep a backup copy of your round somewhere else, because if Squeegee glitches and loses it all, they're not liable!

So the official answer is:

1% for free subscription.

0.5% for premium and enterprise. 

Would have thought it makes sense for it to be 0.25% fof Enterprise!

Just a shame none of this is in the Terms and Conditions. Which are worth a read by the way! Keep a backup copy of your round somewhere else, because if Squeegee glitches and loses it all, they're not liable!

The terms and conditions are very standard legal terms. You will find very similar terms on most SAAS based products. 

The original data for any account is served from a minimum of three servers at any given time. These are held in data centres which have 24-7 physical security, biometric access, battery and generator backups. 

On top of this, we take daily backups which are stored in a geographically different location to the original data.

These are also then stored in secure cloud storage location for additional resilience.

On top of this, the data is stored on every device that you use with your account. 

Finally, you are also able to manually take backups in the app yourself if you are not comfortable with the four levels of data resilience. 

So in layman's terms, unless there is a catastrophic failure which takes out the entirety of our robust data-centre system as well as our off site backup system, the secure cloud storage and all of your devices, your data is safe. 

Hi guys, we appreciate the tag on here and all feedback as ever to make the best system possible and we’d like to clarify a few points.

unfortunately the app is not 100% ready

We have thousands of customers globally who rely on Squeegee to run their businesses. As with any good software, Squeegee will constantly evolve and improve and new features will always be added.

Since using the app the key issues I have faced are;

- Reminder texts failing to send (Now appears to be resolved but I do check them all manually after sending each day)

This has been resolved, as mentioned on the emails on this, it was a syncing issue with using an out of date version of the app.

- A customer who was marked as paid with GC was given the option to pay manually. This threw the app out of sync and showed him under owing.
- The same customer above has cancelled his DD as a result of the issue. He told me the only reason he set up direct debit was because I removed PayPal and he prefers to be in control

We need more information on this, this has never been raised through support to us, but we’ll happily look into it.

- Several customers have told me their invoice has not been received
- An email sat in pending for 7 days so the customer didn't receive their email

- Failed emails to customers who have previously been sent them

- No notification system to alert you to failed emails or texts

The issues with emails not being received were raised by two customers last week. After investigation, we found that emails from yahoo and btinternet in particular were rejected. Therefore a new feature was built and released to enable users to add their own SMTP settings, which means the emails go directly from users own email, and you can see when these have been sent.

Currently the feature is being built out to also include opened and clicked. It will already show send failures and sent.

There is an issue with the pending status, which is currently being worked on.

The central notifications view which has been planned for a couple of months, is now right at the top of the list so will be out shortly. For the next release we’ve also added a feature to send users an email when one of the notifications fails allowing them to deal with it promptly.

GoCardless fees

Unlike any other similar software we have a full, completely automated integration with GoCardless which allows payments on job completion without any further action. We also automatically update your customer records on mandate cancellation and payment failure, as well as matching all your existing GC customers where possible so active customers move to the system seamlessly.

The development of this full feature has cost tens of thousands of pounds and is ongoing, so we charge a small fee to reflect that on top of our very low monthly pricing.

Standard:
Basic monthly cost £0
Squeegee platform fees on GC and Stripe transactions: 1%

Premium:
Basic monthly cost £9.80 (incl vat)
Squeegee platform fees on GC and Stripe transactions: 0.5%

Enterprise:
Basic monthly cost varies on size of business, but for illustrative purposes:
£49.80 (including vat)  for 5 users

As a simple illustration on premium, if you have 500 customers who all pay £10 per month of the £5000 paid:
Our fee would be £25
GoCardless would take £100
Go Cardless is a flat fee of 1% but with a minimum of 20p per transaction, so all £10 jobs would levy this fee.

We carefully chose this pricing structure based on feedback from customers and research that allows them the flexibility to choose how they take payments.

We are also open to feedback on our pricing structure as this is something we won’t get right without your help!

Many Thanks,

The Squeegee Team

The best way would be for the percentage to go to 0.25% on enterprise, as these users would have to be doing at least £5000 a month anyway!

So you certainly wouldn't lose out due to the lower percentage. A single user has a a limit ok what they can earn in 28 days and so is a limit to your income. 

Enterprise is potentially limitless with employees and so would be the percentage you would receive. 

Hope this is worthwhile. Other than this, fantastic app!!

The best way would be for the percentage to go to 0.25% on enterprise, as these users would have to be doing at least £5000 a month anyway!

So you certainly wouldn't lose out due to the lower percentage. A single user has a a limit ok what they can earn in 28 days and so is a limit to your income. 

Enterprise is potentially limitless with employees and so would be the percentage you would receive. 

Hope this is worthwhile. Other than this, fantastic app!!

Great feedback, we've been discussing the fees here and will most likely do a public consultation with our users ?

At the end of the day lads squeegee are a business. Look how yous lot would get on if a customer asked for discount ??

At the end of the day lads squeegee are a business. Look how yous lot would get on if a customer asked for discount ??
If that customer would continually be making me more and more money over time, they would be welcome to it! ?

Hi guys, we appreciate the tag on here and all feedback as ever to make the best system possible and we’d like to clarify a few points.

unfortunately the app is not 100% ready

We have thousands of customers globally who rely on Squeegee to run their businesses. As with any good software, Squeegee will constantly evolve and improve and new features will always be added.

Since using the app the key issues I have faced are;

- Reminder texts failing to send (Now appears to be resolved but I do check them all manually after sending each day)

This has been resolved, as mentioned on the emails on this, it was a syncing issue with using an out of date version of the app.

- A customer who was marked as paid with GC was given the option to pay manually. This threw the app out of sync and showed him under owing.
- The same customer above has cancelled his DD as a result of the issue. He told me the only reason he set up direct debit was because I removed PayPal and he prefers to be in control

We need more information on this, this has never been raised through support to us, but we’ll happily look into it.

The issues with emails not being received were raised by two customers last week. After investigation, we found that emails from yahoo and btinternet in particular were rejected. Therefore a new feature was built and released to enable users to add their own SMTP settings, which means the emails go directly from users own email, and you can see when these have been sent.

Currently the feature is being built out to also include opened and clicked. It will already show send failures and sent.

The central notifications view which has been planned for a couple of months, is now right at the top of the list so will be out shortly. For the next release we’ve also added a feature to send users an email when one of the notifications fails allowing them to deal with it promptly.

GoCardless fees

Unlike any other similar software we have a full, completely automated integration with GoCardless which allows payments on job completion without any further action. We also automatically update your customer records on mandate cancellation and payment failure, as well as matching all your existing GC customers where possible so active customers move to the system seamlessly.

The development of this full feature has cost tens of thousands of pounds and is ongoing, so we charge a small fee to reflect that on top of our very low monthly pricing.

Standard:
Basic monthly cost £0
Squeegee platform fees on GC and Stripe transactions: 1%

Premium:
Basic monthly cost £9.80 (incl vat)

Enterprise:
Basic monthly cost varies on size of business, but for illustrative purposes:
£49.80 (including vat)  for 5 users

As a simple illustration on premium, if you have 500 customers who all pay £10 per month of the £5000 paid:
Our fee would be £25
GoCardless would take £100
Go Cardless is a flat fee of 1% but with a minimum of 20p per transaction, so all £10 jobs would levy this fee.

We carefully chose this pricing structure based on feedback from customers and research that allows them the flexibility to choose how they take payments.

We are also open to feedback on our pricing structure as this is something we won’t get right without your help!

Many Thanks,

The Squeegee Team

GC fees would only be £50.00 as on a £10 transaction it's £0.10 x 500 = £50.00, But I do agree with @meridion on his point and I assume he is getting at the fact that sole traders turnover along with using GC is a great deal less than someone who employs and has multiple vans on the go so the lower earners, if you like, are bearing the brunt of GC fees fairing pricing would be better. Also other round tracking apps offer what your GC intergration apart form the automated request part. 

I would like to say that the customer support of squeegee is excellent, but as I have made you guys aware within a email it's just not there for me yet hence i am sticking with Cleaner Planner 

GC fees would only be £50.00 as on a £10 transaction it's £0.10 x 500 = £50.00, But I do agree with @meridion on his point and I assume he is getting at the fact that sole traders turnover along with using GC is a great deal less than someone who employs and has multiple vans on the go so the lower earners, if you like, are bearing the brunt of GC fees fairing pricing would be better. Also other round tracking apps offer what your GC intergration apart form the automated request part. 

I would like to say that the customer support of squeegee is excellent, but as I have made you guys aware within a email it's just not there for me yet hence i am sticking with Cleaner Planner 

image.png

On all of their plans it is a minimum of 20p per transaction so it's £0.20 x 500 = £100

I think Meridion was making the opposite point that large customers who process more transactions through GoCardless should have a lower fee as they are generating more revenue as he said 'The best way would be for the percentage to go to 0.25% on enterprise, as these users would have to be doing at least £5000 a month anyway!' 

We hope you'll give Squeegee another go in the future ? 

@P4dstar pending statuses fixed ✔️ 
Whilst further investigating the pending status issue, the developers were able to build a full notification system for email and SMS message send failures, as well as bounces, drops and spam reported messages. Now when any of these occur you'll get an email giving you the full info ?
This release has just been published so is live on the web app, will shortly be live on android and is awaiting approval from iOS. 
The new notification system is immediately available before the stores have it ready for you to update as it was built server side. 

image.png

I think Meridion was making the opposite point that large customers who process more transactions through GoCardless should have a lower fee as they are generating more revenue as he said 'The best way would be for the percentage to go to 0.25% on enterprise, as these users would have to be doing at least £5000 a month anyway!' 

That's my point. 

As a conservative example: 

Say a sole trader is doing £200 a day, .I.e. £1k a week, so 4k a month. 

1% at 4k is £40 + £10 subscription = £50pm

On the enterprise plan, with at least 1 employee, 2 guys should be doing 8k.

8k at 0.25% is £40 + £50 subscription = £90pm. 

And of course the company will be looking to add the 2nd and 3rd and 4th employee etc in time. 

This option would be both profitable for Squeegee and more people would be tempted to go for the enterprise plan. 

Hope that makes sense 

That's my point. 

As a conservative example: 

Say a sole trader is doing £200 a day, .I.e. £1k a week, so 4k a month. 

1% at 4k is £40 + £10 subscription = £50pm

On the enterprise plan, with at least 1 employee, 2 guys should be doing 8k.

8k at 0.25% is £40 + £50 subscription = £90pm. 

And of course the company will be looking to add the 2nd and 3rd and 4th employee etc in time. 

This option would be both profitable for Squeegee and more people would be tempted to go for the enterprise plan. 

Hope that makes sense 

We totally agree with your principle here Meridion (although for premium the fee would be 0.5% so in your illustrative example it would be £20 + £10 = £30)

We'll make sure you get the details of the consultation once we have got this ready to go  ?

Email sent 02/11 - 

''Also another customer (Customer name) was on Direct debit with GC, he paid his invoice manually and then cancelled the mandate, he now shows as owing but the payment is under the financial section. I didn’t think payment would be allowed for a customer scheduled for DD?''

Email response from Ed 02/11

''Regarding payments from DD customers, you are able to also take manual payment from them as well''

I appreciate the issues are being worked on. I said yesterday in my emails to Mark that I would seek advice and make a decision. I trust the opinion of the boys on this forum a lot and feel the app is more than worth sticking with. I think the difficulty for me has been that all these problems bottle necked. Today I've had more customers telling me emails haven't been received and one saying that it landed in her junk. These are people who have previously received emails sent through the app so I imagine the issue lies with the server the emails are being sent from. If your hosting provider has allowed your legitimate server to be highlighted for spam they really need to do something about it.

All said and done i'm in a bit of a rut not knowing who has or hasn't received my emails and having a lot of extra customers on debt as a result. The answer i'm given is that bulk emails have this issue but that doesn't help me. No one can check where there have been issues. It's not great to be honest. I'm going to stick with the app and move to sending emails via my own SMTP settings.

Email sent 02/11 - 

''Also another customer (Customer name) was on Direct debit with GC, he paid his invoice manually and then cancelled the mandate, he now shows as owing but the payment is under the financial section. I didn’t think payment would be allowed for a customer scheduled for DD?''

Email response from Ed 02/11

''Regarding payments from DD customers, you are able to also take manual payment from them as well''

I appreciate the issues are being worked on. I said yesterday in my emails to Mark that I would seek advice and make a decision. I trust the opinion of the boys on this forum a lot and feel the app is more than worth sticking with. I think the difficulty for me has been that all these problems bottle necked. Today I've had more customers telling me emails haven't been received and one saying that it landed in her junk. These are people who have previously received emails sent through the app so I imagine the issue lies with the server the emails are being sent from. If your hosting provider has allowed your legitimate server to be highlighted for spam they really need to do something about it.

All said and done i'm in a bit of a rut not knowing who has or hasn't received my emails and having a lot of extra customers on debt as a result. The answer i'm given is that bulk emails have this issue but that doesn't help me. No one can check where there have been issues. It's not great to be honest. I'm going to stick with the app and move to sending emails via my own SMTP settings.

Please see the latest release (I've posted the release notes and a message to you about it, highlighting a new feature that has gone out today) 

Please see the latest release (I've posted the release notes and a message to you about it, highlighting a new feature that has gone out today) 
Yeah I saw that, it's a good step forward. I was just responding to the post you made earlier. Prevention is better than cure and all that but ideally I need some of these features such as ''marked as spam'' notifications for emails that have already been sent. As you can imagine some of my customers are a bit cheesed off when I'm sending reminder emails and they haven't received the original invoice.

Yeah I saw that, it's a good step forward. I was just responding to the post you made earlier. Prevention is better than cure and all that but ideally I need some of these features such as ''marked as spam'' notifications for emails that have already been sent. As you can imagine some of my customers are a bit cheesed off when I'm sending reminder emails and they haven't received the original invoice.

We can fully appreciate that, we'll get in touch via email and see if there's a way we can help you specifically with getting up to date on which emails had issues ?

View attachment 15223

On all of their plans it is a minimum of 20p per transaction so it's £0.20 x 500 = £100

We hope you'll give Squeegee another go in the future ? 

I must be on a special tariff as I only pay 1% on each transaction ?

You need to educate your clients to check their spam folder ? but in all seriousness I have clients who told me they never get emails from GoCardless about upcoming payments I asked if they checked their spam folder and they gave me a look of bewilderment and said I never check my spam folder, Outlook mail spams emails from people I have in my contacts and companies I use on a regular basis so I check mine 2-3 times a day.  

Latest Posts

Back