Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New member needs advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pete123

Hi all. I haveing problems with my Hyundai pressure washer. Anyone know why I’d be getting low pressure?
Just had to replace unloader valve but pressure not what it should be.
Csnt see a problem with water supply or air getting in.
Any other things I can check

Hi all. I haveing problems with my Hyundai pressure washer. Anyone know why I’d be getting low pressure?
Just had to replace unloader valve but pressure not what it should be.
Csnt see a problem with water supply or air getting in.
Any other things I can check
If you’ve just replaced the unloader valve start with the stupid stuff like is the adjuster screwed all the way closed? I’m assuming it has one. Post a pic or details of the model you have.

I know on my Jetmac on a couple of occasions I’ve had to back flush the water as it didn’t want to self-prime, giving those symptoms.

If you’ve just replaced the unloader valve start with the stupid stuff like is the adjuster screwed all the way closed? I’m assuming it has one. Post a pic or details of the model you have.

I know on my Jetmac on a couple of occasions I’ve had to back flush the water as it didn’t want to self-prime, giving those symptoms.
Ye I e adjusted unloader valve.
It’s Hyundai hyw4000p

Assuming the pump is good id try to back flush it in case it’s not priming.

Out of interest. Why did you replace the unloader. Is it possible it was fine and the issue was somewhere else?

Assuming the pump is good id try to back flush it in case it’s not priming.

Out of interest. Why did you replace the unloader. Is it possible it was fine and the issue was somewhere else?
I replaced unloader as it exploded off the pump and was lost. I think it’s in orbit as I couldn’t find it anywhere ?

I replaced unloader as it exploded off the pump and was lost. I think it’s in orbit as I couldn’t find it anywhere ?
Apart from the back-flush this is above my pay-grade then I’m afraid. Any idea why it ‘exploded’. Fault or just not secured properly? Might have to get this to a repair centre if you can.

Apart from the back-flush this is above my pay-grade then I’m afraid. Any idea why it ‘exploded’. Fault or just not secured properly? Might have to get this to a repair centre if you can.
I fixed it yesterday. Replaced unloader and the washer then tightened everything up.
Think it was suckin air in through lose hose attachment. Back to full pressure now.
Thanks for ur help though

I fixed it yesterday. Replaced unloader and the washer then tightened everything up.
Think it was suckin air in through lose hose attachment. Back to full pressure now.
Thanks for ur help though
Invariably something simple. Glad you got it sorted. ?.

I remember my first petrol pressure washer. A little Rocwood. Was on a customer job and it just died. Checked everything over and over again. Tried a hundred times to restart it and nothing. Was just about to go home and get an even tinier electric Karcher and then I checked whether it had any fuel. ?

I’ve also been on a job and had to leave to go and buy more oil as I’d convinced myself it was too low and was tripping the automatic shut-off. Turned out I had the fuel tap in the off position. ?

Latest Posts

Back