Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpacks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Hmm, looking for a cheap backpack, window cleaning shop told me to avoid the ones with battery and pumps, as they keep breaking down, only one model was a gud'un but costs way to much.

He said that I could go garden centre and just modifiy it to fit a hozlelock connection on it.

Its a hand pump one.

Would this work, if so, for me it is a matter of how do I go about this??

I saw a £50 and hozlelock do one for £60.

Thanks

G

Check out DIY section for dodgers wfp backpack!! Personally, I Would rather flick a switch than do all that pumping.. I recommend a gardiners backpack /emoticons/smile.png

As long as you modify it like I have Graham a cheap ones plenty good enough. Ya close enough mate if ya don't want to do it yourself I'll do one for ya if ya decide to go that way.

Ya can get everything ya need from JT Frith there's one here and one in Notts as well.

Idea Paul mentioned about using a footpump would ease any worries about maintaining pressure long enough as well mate.

You'd look like a one man band!

Just a quick q for you dodge, I've been asked to paint someone's fence, would like to do it with a sprayer so would one of these 10 quid jobs you go on about deal with it ok? Do I need a special nozzle or does the existing one suffice?

You'd look like a one man band!

Just a quick q for you dodge, I've been asked to paint someone's fence, would like to do it with a sprayer so would one of these 10 quid jobs you go on about deal with it ok? Do I need a special nozzle or does the existing one suffice?
As they come out of box as long as it's the thin fence paint it should do but anything thicker I'm not so sure it'd be quicker than a brush mate.

My 2 backpacks so far have been fine but dodgers idea was a very good one
I've got to be honest I've not seen that many bad reports about the backpacks, odd faults here and there but that's to be expected with any product.

Loads on ebay mate, ronseal actually make em for the job as well. Loads of those on ebay. Any garden centre will sell them as well.

flip it, just brought one for £95 of off WCW, if i got myself a hand pump, then to modify is taking time and effort, and effort and money getting the small parts from say bnq and other garden centres.

I got the cheap one from WCW in the hope yeah it will take 2 or three times on this one job to pay it self back(job is every 6 months) that I can use this for other church contracts + like other trad window cleaners I can use this on hard to reach windows and 3rd story windows on domestic houses so should be paid sooner then this.

flip it, just brought one for £95 of off WCW, if i got myself a hand pump, then to modify is taking time and effort, and effort and money getting the small parts from say bnq and other garden centres.

I got the cheap one from WCW in the hope yeah it will take 2 or three times on this one job to pay it self back(job is every 6 months) that I can use this for other church contracts + like other trad window cleaners I can use this on hard to reach windows and 3rd story windows on domestic houses so should be paid sooner then this.
Best way in longrun G, I'm only using mine to adhere to my advertising. At 95 quid it'll pay for itself quicker than ya think.

Mind you Dodger, I orded that £95 on WCW, they rang me this morning saying it isnt in stock for quite a few weeks, so there sending me the next model up, (I think the one am thinking of is £120??) for no extra charge!

So a saving of £25 really!

And should get it tomorrow! I think it was free delivery, so very quick turn around!

/emoticons/biggrin.png

Mind you Dodger, I orded that £95 on WCW, they rang me this morning saying it isnt in stock for quite a few weeks, so there sending me the next model up, (I think the one am thinking of is £120??) for no extra charge!

And should get it tomorrow! I think it was free delivery, so very quick turn around!

/emoticons/biggrin.png
haha lucky sod you

/emoticons/biggrin.png
It will be the same as the one I have then Graham I love it I do , better than the gardiners one in my opinion .

I wish I didn't get one I wish I went for a van mount first off, they are good but I'm just pi55ed off my leaked and corroded all the electrics.

I only use my backpack when I have a window I can't do by ladder on my trad work or for doing backs where I have to go thought their house.. It runs out far to quick on me lol

/emoticons/biggrin.png
thats good

/emoticons/biggrin.png
I've been after a backpack for a while and after reading this I to ordered the £95 one and low and behold they called and said we are very sorry but would you mind if we send you the model up, oh dear go on then /emoticons/wink.png

Now I've just been out and bought a tap and a meter of hose to fit to the bottom of my tank fo a quick fill when it arrives /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back