Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newish to the forum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr Windows

Hello All
So I used this forum around 5 years ago when I was learning the ropes - this and YouTube were invaluable!
So I now have a nice 6 week round all reach&wash. ’m now looking to take a back seat - I’ve been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and active cleaning is becoming a slog, but at the same time I want to keep my hand in.
So far I’m deciding to sub my work out on an 80/20 split, but I’m hungry for people’s opinions and experiences please.
Adam

Hi so sorry to hear you have ms. My work colleague also has ms, he's been windowing cleaning for 9 years with it.

I hope you can keep been active. If you have any questions I can always ask my work colleague, he may have useful suggestions for you.

Good luck
Matt

Hi so sorry to hear you have ms. My work colleague also has ms, he's been windowing cleaning for 9 years with it.

I hope you can keep been active. If you have any questions I can always ask my work colleague, he may have useful suggestions for you.

Good luck
Matt
Matt that’s very nice to know, great to hear he’s been going so long! So when you say colleague, what employment environment do you work in - employed or self employed?
Ad

Hello All
So I used this forum around 5 years ago when I was learning the ropes - this and YouTube were invaluable!
So I now have a nice 6 week round all reach&wash. ’m now looking to take a back seat - I’ve been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and active cleaning is becoming a slog, but at the same time I want to keep my hand in.
So far I’m deciding to sub my work out on an 80/20 split, but I’m hungry for people’s opinions and experiences please.
Adam
DIL has ms and very slowly deteriorating in health. She is taking good quality Vitamin D tablets which she believes have helped her.

The trouble is so many of these Vit D over the counter tablets are so full of fillers to make them cheap.

She bought some once from Holland and Barrett and wouldn't buy them again from them.

If you don't mind my asking, 80/20 split in whose favour?
So my thoughts were in the favour of whoever I find. There’s another guy doing it locally that way. So the worker has a chance of earning around 150 per day. I do the admin. Like i say, early days in my thought process so I’d love some feedback.

Matt that’s very nice to know, great to hear he’s been going so long! So when you say colleague, what employment environment do you work in - employed or self employed?
Ad
We own the work together. So when we work together it's a 50/50 split. We are both self employed.

He basically does 3 days a week, and can manage that generally. Some weeks he's not so good so may only do 2 days.

DIL has ms and very slowly deteriorating in health. She is taking good quality Vitamin D tablets which she believes have helped her.

The trouble is so many of these Vit D over the counter tablets are so full of fillers to make them cheap.

She bought some once from Holland and Barrett and wouldn't buy them again from them.
My Mrs does vitamin d injections direct to the body and no ****. Have a search around your area on Google.

When you say 80/20 split does the subby get paid 80% of the turnover but has to pay all his own expenses, including his own van and tools, or is he getting 80% after expenses and you supply everything. If it's the latter it's far to generous
point taken many thanks

Latest Posts

Back