Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new to the game! !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all,

Only set up 7 weeks ago window cleaning, I'm currently using traditional equipment I'm located in Derbyshire area and enjoying everybit of it!!

Welcome to the world of the windy!!! Hope it's going well for you so far pal. Are you starting from scratch or have you gone down the route of buying some work???

I'm in buxoutlyar not too bad uv started from scratch johoping to go ffull time
A very wet and windy town to be windowcleaning in;)

All the best Spring bay. You will do fine. Dont forget all the outlying villages, particularly the wealthy ones.....also all the large properties that are hidden away.

Hi all,Only set up 7 weeks ago window cleaning, I'm currently using traditional equipment I'm located in Derbyshire area and enjoying everybit of it!!
Derbyshire where abouts?thats my patch go on there and there will be trouble!!!have you seen my avatar well I'm like that but bigger:mad:

Derbyshire where abouts?thats my patch go on there and there will be trouble!!!have you seen my avatar well I'm like that but bigger:mad:[
I'm in buxton ain't been funny but I don't know who patch is whose so u tell me what area your in i will avoid it....

He's only joking spring...dont worry. He is miles away from you anyway.

Keep door knocking and you will soon build up a good customer base. Its doesnt take as long as you think.....just stay patient

Hi all,Only set up 7 weeks ago window cleaning, I'm currently using traditional equipment I'm located in Derbyshire area and enjoying everybit of it!!
Goodluck mate, quality is the key, know its cringe but it really is. Canvass loads and hard work will pay off, wish you the best of luck /emoticons/wink.png

He's only joking spring...dont worry. He is miles away from you anyway.Keep door knocking and you will soon build up a good customer base. Its doesnt take as long as you think.....just stay patient
He's only joking spring...dont worry. He is miles away from you anyway.Keep door knocking and you will soon build up a good customer base. Its doesnt take as long as you think.....just stay patient

Cheers Thanks for advice iv had quote few threats now from local competition, I understand they earned there custom I'm just trying to to earn mine, that's why I joined this forum as I had no help just Internet really my Facebook is spring bay windows if on there have a look at customer reviews.

[Thanks ks TE=Fairy, post: 275016, member: 8584]Goodluck mate, quality is the key, know its cringe but it really is. Canvass loads and hard work will pay off, wish you the best of luck /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in last 7 weeks only got 10 replies

Goodluck mate, quality is the key, know its cringe but it really is. Canvass loads and hard work will pay off, wish you the best of luck /emoticons/wink.png
Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in 6 weeks only had 10 replys so quite bad result so door knocking is best bet fsce to face interaction is good

Surprised to hear about the threats......are they from windys in buxton.....or from outside. Whatever, dont fear them. I spent 10 years working in buxton and it can be an insular place.....just dont forget the villages outside. I was there a couple of weeks ago......didnt see any new estates being built/sold.....but there must be some. If so, aim for them as well.

[Thanks ks TE=Fairy, post: 275016, member: 8584]Goodluck mate, quality is the key, know its cringe but it really is. Canvass loads and hard work will pay off, wish you the best of luck /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks iv delivered 600 flyers in 6 weeks only had 10 replys so quite bad result so door knocking is best bet fsce to face interaction is good

Honestly mate, one day you get 10 new custys, and the next month you wont get anything at all, wouldnt worry too much about it. /emoticons/wink.png

D

Door knocking is definitely the best way to get customers....if they arent in, then shove a flyer, business card through their letterbox

Surprised to hear about the threats......are they from windys in buxton.....or from outside. Whatever, dont fear them. I spent 10 years working in buxton and it can be an insular place.....just dont forget the villages outside. I was there a couple of weeks ago......didnt see any new estates being built/sold.....but there must be some. If so, aim for them as well.
Yeah winds in buxton iv got good base at the min got 35 customers

In 6 weeks....I decided to go as far as 20 mile radius either way at least am keeping tabs on fuel etcthanks for advise

Yeah winds in buxton iv got good base at the min got 35 customersIn 6 weeks....I decided to go as far as 20 mile radius either way at least am keeping tabs on fuel etcthanks for advise
Yes, sounds fair, when the neightbours of the 35 customers see you're doing a good job you'll double it! /emoticons/smile.png

Back