Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grrr Want To Work But Bloody Snow On Ground !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

duffer01

grrr want to work but bloody snow on ground , i'm guessing if i tried to work they would moan and cancel next time i turned up or the water would just freeze anyway in the pole hose .

Worked throughout all the snow.

Hose doesn't usually freeze.

I had your attitude. But customers actually appreciated it. And many said how reliable we are. /emoticons/smile.png

Go for it! Any resistance from

Customers. Say you will come back. Bet you don't get one tho.

cheers i might give it a try then . some of my customers moan even when i'm cleaning and a few drops of rain drop out of the sky , i have to hold my tongue as some of them are old moaners that do my head in.

Gotta train em mate. We had to. It is hard. As you can loose customers. BUT not lost one in years due to working in the rain. BUT if they do moan and you can't afford to loose the work. Don't risk it /emoticons/smile.png

Obv if its hammering it down that's a no.

Snow could be on the ground for 5 days as it melts away lol.

I know what your saying , plus the winters seem to be getting worse and worse so can't sit in the house forever !!

I think i will give it a go later then as its minus 1 here at the moment ,so i will wait till about 11 and give it a go .

if they really do moan i will just miss them out and move on to the next house i guess .

cheers for the input anyway Damo >

Well said damo,try educating them maybe along the lines of a few hours of rain will not make them dirty straight away unlike a months worth of rain,works for me but you do have to be careful as some customers won't have it.

It's all about having the answers. Don't baffle them with too much science.

Explain about pure water and rain water tds etc.

and no detergent film.

-1c will be fine. Usually after -4 pipes freeze. If a cold wind is blowing then pipes and jets freeze can freeze a bit quicker.

I didn't know that about pipes,cheers damo,I usually don't work below freezing In case pump blows or if laddering risk of fall.

I didn't know that about pipes,cheers damo,I usually don't work below freezing In case pump blows or if laddering risk of fall.
No problemo, the jets usually freeze first before pipes.

This winter i changed from brass pencil to plastic fan jets (low flow) Cranked up the pump and the pressure kept the jets from freezing.

-3.5 seems to be the magic figure for out set up. As soon as it says -4 jets freeze then water in pipes. It goes to a slush.

No problemo, the jets usually freeze first before pipes.
This winter i changed from brass pencil to plastic fan jets (low flow) Cranked up the pump and the pressure kept the jets from freezing.

-3.5 seems to be the magic figure for out set up. As soon as it says -4 jets freeze then water in pipes. It goes to a slush.
Okay thanks mate,massive back log to get through going to crack on,funny as soon as sun shines they want to know when your coming.well behind my work and still more new ones coming in,the rate this is growing going to have to take someone on which don't want to do!

ill be heading out at dinner once my batter has charged, went out to start my car and got a Vrrrrrr Vrrrrrr Vrrr Vrr Vr V v lol

Hey get out ther and dont be scared of losin ya customers, i always clean in rain etc , and if n e 1 complainsi explain it doesnt make a difference, ive lost a few along the way doing this but ther just fussy and ur better of without them /emoticons/smile.png to build a good round u gotta get rid of these moaners /emoticons/wink.png i hardly ever get any complaints /emoticons/smile.png

Back