Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Often Do You Change Your Brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

I tend to change my brush every 8 weeks.

I currently use the extreme standard from gardiner.

Just wondered now often you guys change your brushes.

Have a small mountain here of brushes again lol.

Your regular maintenance brush should always look clean, the brush stock may be covered in cobwebs and dirt etc (you can always wipe that over) so every week at least, or few days, or hours or even after 1 very dirty job. I'm not going to be spending longer than is needed on a job.

Any how I wouldn’t be confident cleaning with a soiled brush and I would also have to slow right down and rinse, rinse, rinse.

Richard

Stock is always clean, they are cleaned between houses.

8 months?

Surely the brush must have slowed down alot by then.

Usually buy two or three at a time. Then reorder from gardiner, or I may buy locally from another windy if I am desperate.

But yeah on the whole. I change the brush on the first of the month then 8 weeks later swap it out.

To be honest if I had to buy a brush every 8 weeks I would reconsider where I purchased them from .

Thats just me tbh I only do 1 to 2 days per week though so I may find il nedd to do it later on .

8 weeks lol. Like the others have said more like 8 months with an extreme, mine might actually be older than that.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357237223.953165.jpg From last year. Just kitting out new brushes for next week. This is just for me' date='nobody else. I may keep em on a bit longer then.[/quote']You ought to sell em mate they look bloody new.

Damo, that’s good that you rotate your use of brushes. Good working practice, even if they are Gardiner’s brushes. /emoticons/smile.png

Richard

Might get em all together. Sort the best out and give em away. Not fussed on selling them.

In for a penny I'll have one.

Or ya could donate to forum and use em as prize giveaways or summat, just a thought.

Every 8 weeks.. flip me, every 8 weeks for a haircut yeah i agree, but not to change ur brushes. No reason you shouldn't get at least a year if not longer depending on how well you look after them.

Might get em all together. Sort the best out and give em away. Not fussed on selling them.
/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png Throw one my way if you like... /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png :) /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png

I recommend once your main Tecbuk brush has been used and turned over the between £10,000 -£15,000 pounds worth of work, its worth considering changing the brush. The brush will last years, but for the cost of a replacement brush stock, it’s worth putting on a new brush.

I read it wrong, I thought Damo, was putting on a clean brush, removing the soiled brush ready to be cleaned for next time. Still he might be turning over a lot of money and 6 new brushes each year isn’t too much then.

Damo, If your getting through that many tecbuk brushes each year I would definitely give you the 6th brush for free or jet the brushes and give you spares for free, carbon fibre brush extension etc.

Richard

Back