Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Varistream help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Harky, the 1-9 is the lower settings and the A-F are the higher settings....daft it should just be A-O or 1-16 it would much simpler for newbies to understand.

The picture of the wires on the pump is good, thats how mine is, just a red and black wire coming from the top of the pump then into the controller, then the controller looks after your pressures. If you can zoom in and have a look, the red and black wire go from the top of the pump into the trunking and go directly into the varistream, the positive and negative wires go from the batttery and into the varistream......bosh it should work

The P stands for pause and yes it is normal for it to reach its pressure go to P then go back to 3 or whatever setting you have chosen etc etc

P is when the shutoff pressure has been reached. The Varistream will cut the pump at this point. Every 4 seconds or so the Varistream will send a pulse out to the motor to see if the pressure has been released (tap turned back on). If it has then the pump will start pumping again.

L = low battery. If you battery is fully charged then the only thing I can think of is that you have a poor connection somewhere from your battery to the controller or from the controller back to the battery or there is an issue with the controller.

It might be an idea to check the connect inside the controller and make sure all is well that side. Disconnect the battery. Remove the 4 front screws and carefully prise off the front panel. Check that the green connector box is plugged in properly and that there is no sign of heat.

This might help even although the commentary isn't very good - rather embarrassing TBH.

[media]

[/media]
You can only have one pressure setting at a time. So if you use a pump flow of 4 on your Varistream, I would set the pressure setting to cover that when working at your highest window. If you up the setting flow to 5 and find it pulses (switches on and off) that's fine as you won't use that flow.

The higher you set your pressure switch the more battery current you will use.

The 45 amp car battery shouldn't be a problem as it will have enough capacity. But it will need to be recharged each night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats been a great help mate and I have it set now at A and running at 4 getting a good flow and no flashing L unless I up it to 5 haven't tried it on windows yet for the hurrican winds up here but hopefully tomorow and i will try an 85ah battery soon just to check, its just the 85ah is a much bigger battery for my box and heavier. Spruce whats your opinion on remotes for varistream are they reliable, hate wasting water when customers want a chat and dont want to ignorant at same time lol

I was just thinking.

If you have a set of jumper battery cables you could try and see if using the car/van battery is of any help in identifying the problem. A set of jump cables, + vehicle battery to + trolley battery - negative vehicle battery to negative trolley battery. Please be careful to get the connections right and don't short anything out. You don't have to run the engine of the vehicle but you will be able to see if you have having the same 'L' flashing problem. If not then you have a bad/flat trolley battery.

Thats been a great help mate and I have it set now at A and running at 4 getting a good flow and no flashing L unless I up it to 5 haven't tried it on windows yet for the hurrican winds up here but hopefully tomorow and i will try an 85ah battery soon just to check, its just the 85ah is a much bigger battery for my box and heavier. Spruce whats your opinion on remotes for varistream are they reliable, hate wasting water when customers want a chat and dont want to ignorant at same time lol

You won't get a remote to work with the Varistream. Spring do have a remote but theirs is wired into their controller. If you cut the power to the Varistream then you will have to manually switch it back on again at the controller. Some have wired in a cutout relay on the red cable from the Varistream to the pump. This will still leave the controller switched on but I'm not so sure about that TBH.

We have Aquadapters on all of our poles (we have since AQ first came out) and this works well with the backpacks that we also have as well. We have found that we have better and also immediate control of our water flow with Aquadapters and hence a water saving, especially with using a backpack which will be the same for a trolley.

There is also an Aquatap which some prefer but also gives you the same virtually instant control over your water flow.

I have never used one so I can't compare the two.

Thanks mate is the aquadapter the one you pull hose and it stops and starts flow becuase I read reviews on the ones that you twist brush head to stop flow that wasn't that great.

Spruce what diameter of pole is the aquadater made to fit,

Thanks mate is the aquadapter the one you pull hose and it stops and starts flow becuase I read reviews on the ones that you twist brush head to stop flow that wasn't that great.
Spruce what diameter of pole is the aquadater made to fit,
Yes it is.

It will fit most poles. If you order one just tell Steven Jones from Aquadapter what pole you have and he will ensure that it is supplied with the correct fitting.

This is the one that works with Gardiner's SLX

http://aqua-dapter.co.uk/product/aqua-dapter-v-lite-slxclx/

I have orange hose on ours but ordered the red which I have found better. I don't know anything about the yellow hose they now supply (lite weight stuff). In the early days Aquadapters were supplied with yellow hose which we still have some of, but I doubt very much its the same stuff.

Back