Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My canvassing philosophy for what it's worth

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nick666

For what its worth -if you have the nerve/motivation/desperation lol to canvass for new business here are a couple of points that may be worth thinking about.I canvass a lot for myself generating work cleaning gutters I have grown a small window round on the back of itnot because I wanted one but it seems silly not to ask them if they wanted their windows cleaning.My main point is that if your canvassing for windows then I believe you better going in asking for gutters because firstly they pay well-I'm only old second division compared to Smurf's Champions League status-I probably get about 6/7 × a monthly clean for an hours work .Secondly the quote for the window clean sounds cheaper in comparison to gutter.If you do a good job on gutters and they have no window cleaner I find you always get the work.When I am on form its relatively easy to pick up the work for a fascia and soffit clean as well although mainly when they are are filthy.So the point is its a damn sight easier to knock on doors thinking you might pick up for arguments sake £40-£100 with a continuing monthly income from windows .I always charge double for first clean if they havent been done for a while and say we will wipe as opposed to" deep cleanse"the frames and sills -if they sre not happy I dont want them as they will be trouble down the line.Only prob is cos I'm not used to collecting window money I keep leaving it for some reason :)Funny the otherday someone asked me what a deep cleanse was -couldnt stop myself laughing as I said we rub a bit harder -it was the most honest answer I could think of-got the job:specs

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick youve made a good point, everyone chases the window work and I bet alot of the window work you get say to you laughing oh shame you dont do windows after youve front ended the gutters. What your doing is a very good approach.

I would rather do it that way around as you have a greater earning potential than just door knocking for window cleaning.

I'm a lazy **** so just wait for the phone to ring which can be annoying if I'm trying to take a nap /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back