Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

leaded windows with waterfed pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jay198127

any body do a lot of leaded windows, I use gardiner pole wondered what brush heads you use for them, do you use normal one for all windows or different, a few windows I've experienced the lead coming away on a few, wondered if this is the pressure you apply with brush or the brush catching the lead and peeling off, I'd say most is due to how old the windows are...I've taken on some in past that have had a wfp cleaner and he disappeared, there has been lead missing on sections and the usual that's come away from the window, I've done these and tried to take care and remember certain windows that have lead damage next time round to avoid damaging further, and also before first cleans I try to remember to do a walk round with customers pointing out any damage before hand to avoid any blame coming my way....and some have had so much damage after first clean I've not returned as thought too much hassle....is there a type of brush that's suitable for these as I dread going to a new customer to find there lead when get there....got some that have brand new windows and get concerned that over time I may damage them if it is the result of using wfp....

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

lead is a pain in the ars some times u get spotting on them and also lead comes off i glue it back on as and when and be jentle with it allways use a flocked brush on these

Going to report the thread and get it moved to WFP. Nothing personal bud /emoticons/smile.png Just so you know for future reference /emoticons/smile.png

I use the ultimate flock works the best out of the three different brushes I have.

I use the ultimate flock works the best out of the three different brushes I have.
Totally agree, Gardiner's medium flocked is fine if you dont apply too much lressure but the fully flocked sill brush is prefect for big leaded windows especially if they are old and a bit more precious.

I've got loads of leaded jobs. Use the Gardiner super lite medium on these with a less aggressive approach. As long as your customers maintain their windows it's fine. Not caused any damage and windows dry perfectly after a good rinse.

I've found this the best method to clean leads full stop. Don't miss using cloths to do them, especially in the sun. Take no time at all now.

Latest Posts

Back