Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pics of your belt setup.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why has the boab got a jacket on??

People have too much unnecessary stuff on their belts

Stuff you use occasionally needs to find another home

View attachment 5187 a crew of 4 im washing 20-40 scrims every night-sounds mad eh?

it is!

[ benefit of using scrim only= at the window no time lost changing cloths,no pouches needed . downside= a lot of washing each evening]
Sod that, when guys worked for me they washed there own scrims when we finished

I used to have a guy work for me years ago when i was subbing

I supplied.the tools.and scrim sonhad to wash them

I'm always amazed by just how different peoples work practices can be. What about first cleans where the frames and sills are minging? How many scrims do (just) you go through a day?
oh come on now tolish you cant fight it forever.....first cleans are only cleaned one way now....with lots of water and a brushing action....and stand well back in my case...:Das smurfy says spiders...drown the bastar ds..

but dont worry....i still trad check em afterwards...and yep...i scrim the frames and sills dry...then fling em to the front of the car ...and fling em at the wife when i get in...

well if i didnt do that she would think i had been skiving...

Why has the boab got a jacket on??
People have too much unnecessary stuff on their belts

Stuff you use occasionally needs to find another home
Thats to catch drips mate, especially if u do inside cleaning, but as tolishpurd said, its an american thing mainly.

When I did trad I worked with just one pouch and I kept 2 scrims 1 for wet 1 for dry but I was very obsessed with looking smart and hated the belts with loads of stuff on , now I wfp I still just have the one pouch and only ever have 1 cloth in for wiping sills

View attachment 3263 This is my current belt set up :ninja:

From left

unger double horizontal holster with 8.5" squeegee

Regular unger pouch with a scrim and microfiber (i keep many more in my tradding trolley)

Unger ninja BOAB with scrapper and two modified jubilee clip squeegee holders, pictures is a 4.5" and the additional loop is usful when up a ladder and u want somewhere to drop any squeegee instead of changing hands, same said for the spare on the left in the leather unger holster.

Sorbo double nylon holster with 18" unger and 14" ettore

All squeegees dogeared, i keep other stuff on my trolley which i made, but thats another thread i reckon.

;)

Last edited:
Oh, and my applicator is a moerman which is a lot better than regular unger or ninja unger which are the only other applicators i have used, i will be keeping this one as my first choice.

moerman is a rising star ^
Yeah, i got a few stuff from moerman now, they are great quality, have u got anything from them?

The small squeegee on my boab is a moerman handle.

This is my current belt set up :ninja:
From left

unger double horizontal holster with 8.5" squeegee

Regular unger pouch with a scrim and microfiber (i keep many more in my tradding trolley)

Unger ninja BOAB with scrapper and two modified jubilee clip squeegee holders, pictures is a 4.5" and the additional loop is usful when up a ladder and u want somewhere to drop any squeegee instead of changing hands, same said for the spare on the left in the leather unger holster.

Sorbo double nylon holster with 18" unger and 14" ettore

All squeegees dogeared, i keep other stuff on my trolley which i made, but thats another thread i reckon.

/emoticons/wink.png
Looks good

Well it's taken them a while don't you think:rolleyes:

1885: Foundation of Moeran > brush manufacturing

1950: First developments and production of floor squeegees

1970: First export to the Middle East under the Vero brand

1995: Foundation of Moerman Americas > sales in the Americas

2001: Acquisition of Vero Int. > Vero brand & expand sales network

2001: Launch of Aqua Wiping Household concept

2005: Fully owned production plant in China

2006: Ongoing development and product innovations

2012: Moerman enters the professional window cleaning market

2014: Moerman continuous to excellence with new product launches

One thing I totally hate is seeing window cleaners with scrims draped all over there shoulders is looks ridiculous and really scruffy

One thing I totally hate is seeing window cleaners with scrims draped all over there shoulders is looks ridiculous and really scruffy
Over my left shoulder is where I keep my dry cloth (when I'm doing trad, which isn't often these days).

Why is this ridiculous? It looks like you are out there getting the job done, not scruffy in my opinion. My father always did this and so did I until we introduced wfp. We have always been a professional outfit.

Why is this ridiculous? It looks like you are out there getting the job done, not scruffy in my opinion. My father always did this and so did I until we introduced wfp. We have always been a professional outfit.
It's simply my opinion m8 not saying it'd right or wrong simply how I see it and over the years I've cleaned windows in some very big organisations , flinging a damp cloth over your shoulder when cleaning windows in offices isn't a good look (I think)

Last edited:
i will hopefully get a photo of my belt tomorrow....one of the things i find difficult with wfp is it doesnt feel right i like to knock on the door all kitted up and hand over my bucket for water....i dont really need water any more....what i do at the mo is knock on the door kitted up and....do a quick runner back if no one is in and, out with banana...

of course dipstick rodney here has few times put his belt down against the wall of the house and got carried away with banana and come back to soaked kit....i think i have learnt the lesson now.../emoticons/biggrin.png

i do find that no matter how long i have cleaned or used my belt as it is.....its always evolving ...suddenly ...along comes a new way of doing things...

the most annoying thing for me with my limited brain power is....getting the right pocket when i put a cloth back...

and hey....in the heat of the summer....my scrim went over my head and neck at times....

and i never let the custy see me blow my nose on my sill cloth.....thats naughty...:whistle:

It will cause rheumatics.

Back