Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Health & safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Is anyone on here clued up on health and safety policies and risk assessments?

I have a new contract and they have sent me a questionare to fill out and send back to them I'm not too clued up on this stuff to be honest I think it's the questions that throws me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeh dont listen to me what ever you do./emoticons/biggrin.png..i winged it when i did one...most of it is common sense...er dont trip over this and that...dont drip water on the floors...etc...of course i ALWAYS put down a dust sheet when working inside:rolleyes:

Sounds like they are basically after a risk assessment and method statement to cover their ****.

Copy & paste the questions so we can take a look

And no I'm not called premier cleaning so edit that out and put your company name there instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

Had to do a lot of risk assessments and method statements in my last employment in industry...it was power station work so even the simplest of tasks when putting staff to work had to be proceeded with a risk assessment/method statement and ensured staff that were to carry out the work had read/understood the risk assessment/method statement and when happy they signed to the above. There are a lot of different ways of creating RA/MS but basically its a process of identifying:

1) Hazards for the task to be carried out

2) Who will be at risk... I.e employee or public

3) How high the risk (worked on a score count)

4) Control measures to be put in place ( lower the score count)

I'll see if I can find some old course work I did and post some examples

Believe me I've had to write RA/MS for the most simple jobs in the past....even snow removal from site footpaths to cleaning site signage....

Sorry peeps just been trying to sort it out and managed to do it lol it's all common sense lol but I'm useless at that !!!!

I've been given a risk and method statement by someone but obviously I have to add my business name into it, would I have to change it all to the specific job? Or are the window cleaning RAMS the same really for wfp

I haven't looked through the RAMS yet I will tomorrow it's 150 pages long!!!

I would use that template neil

I have just downloaded it myself to have a play with for my own purposes but if fairly comprehensive to use for wfp

I've been given a risk and method statement by someone but obviously I have to add my business name into it, would I have to change it all to the specific job? Or are the window cleaning RAMS the same really for wfp

You need to change for the specific work carried out mate

Most is specific to wfp work on a business premises

Wouldn't need much alteration for a specific job i would have thought

That template is the very handy ! Should only take a little while to fill my part in, I will be cleaning up to max of 4 floors so should I edit the part where it says only clean up to 2nd floor lol

Most is specific to wfp work on a business premisesWouldn't need much alteration for a specific job i would have thought
From experience you have to cover every possibility from every angle...no matter how daft it may appear...as they say a lot of accidents happen because the simple things are overlooked..!

just edit what you want bearing in mind if you have more than one location to clean you need to do one of those for each building location to cover your **** as a generic one is no good for all of them as risks vary like building height, accesing a flat ground floor roof etc etc.

Latest Posts

Back