Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Previous or Other Occupations.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ran a family business that had a £7m+ a year turnover when I was 20. That was sold and in 1999 went self employed buying and selling aluminium scrap. In 2006 started working with the Chinese supplying them mixed metal from fragmentisers , in 2011 set up a reach and wash business for my son, while continuing to do both previous jobs. In 2012 got shafted by the Chinese, in 2013 my son packed in the windows. Got some one else to run it, 2 years later he packed in. Decided to do it myself and turned a £15k a year business into a £35k a business within 2 years and will double that again in the next 2. Apart from this lead a quiet life, and have never had a job that I've enjoyed so much. Just wish I was 20 years younger.
That's so true for us older windys, eventually we have found our forever careers and love every minute, just wish we were in our 20's and had got into this a lot sooner. [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back