Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price increases is it wise?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Inflation is not new it happens pretty much every year granted it's not as high as this year 2% is the norm but it happens.

Don't over think it put them up and see what happens.

The fact is there will be certain people struggling finacally later this year so the possibility of loosing some could happen then.

Now might be a good time to swap to 6 weeks? You can stick an increase on the jobs and the customer will likely save money annually, and you can carry as many jobs into the winter when the big gas/elec bills start coming, in case there’s a bit of a downturn.
I'd lose far too much money switching them to 6 weekly if I had to go 6 weekly the increases would have to be £4 or so, yes the customer would save money but I'd reckon I'd be down by £1,000's in my earnings annually also bearing in mind they had an increase last year

Last edited:
We have just been increasing all our prices lost 3 so far all the lowest priced work(estate 3 bed semis ) is going up £2-3 . Bigger ones obviously more , I have had a lot of customers ask if the price is going up and they have been expecting it .
As for your water problem you must have some serious dirt in the water if you are having to change the filters 3 times a week ?. We only change ours once a year and produce at least 1000 ltr of pure per day per van . What filters are you using ?
My jobs ain't that low priced on the whole but I just want and need them to be upped more to get them where they need to be and where I'd be happy with them for let's say the next two years I reckon a £2 increase is about as far as I could push prices for now. how long is it since you last increased these jobs?

As for the pre-filters it's only been this last week I'm thinking it's due to hardly any rainfall for quite a few weeks, I only use spectrum sediment filters and never had this issue at all

My jobs ain't that low priced on the whole but I just want and need them to be upped more to get them where they need to be and where I'd be happy with them for let's say the next two years I reckon a £2 increase is about as far as I could push prices for now. how long is it since you last increased these jobs?

As for the pre-filters it's only been this last week I'm thinking it's due to hardly any rainfall for quite a few weeks, I only use spectrum sediment filters and never had this issue at all
I generally increase domestic every 2 years it was before Covid when they were put up last

I generally increase domestic every 2 years it was before Covid when they were put up last
I priced 2 big 5 bedroom homes today. A score each so I don't get them, the guy has gave up and I think he was charging pennies. Brand new German cars on driveway so probably have good jobs. One time I hope I don't get the cleans or they call to save a pound here and there, I'm too busy to entertain it.

From 2012-2019 I never increased my prices, but in the past few years i have increased them as shown below:

2020 July: £1 increase (lost 200 customers)
2021 July: £1 increase (lost 200 customers)
2022 April: £2 increase (lost 300 customers)
Next April im raising by £2 again

From 2012-2019 I never increased my prices, but in the past few years i have increased them as shown below:

2020 July: £1 increase (lost 200 customers)
2021 July: £1 increase (lost 200 customers)
2022 April: £2 increase (lost 300 customers)
Next April im raising by £2 again
If you've lost that many even though you have a multi-van op something is seriously wrong for the sake of £1

If you've lost that many even though you have a multi-van op something is seriously wrong for the sake of £1
What was the total number of customers before the cancellations?

2020 July - the 200 customer drop out was only 6% of our customer base
2021 July - the drop out rate was 8%
2022 April - an increase 9 months later at £2.00 = the percentage was 9%

Happy with the results, it does seem like a lot but its improved my business so much and recommend anyone to put the prices up to go for it and not be shy.

Last edited:
2020 July - the 200 customer drop out was only 6% of our customer base
2021 July - the drop out rate was 8%
2022 April - an increase 9 months later at £2.00 = the percentage was 14%

Happy with the results, it does seem like a lot but its improved my business so much and recommend anyone to put the prices up to go for it and not be shy.
That’s interesting seams a high number , we have put up aprox 1,500 so far and lost 3 time will tell ware all this ends up

Im in an area where i cahrge £12-13 for a 3 bed semi but theres a lot of people
That’s interesting seams a high number , we have put up aprox 1,500 so far and lost 3 time will tell ware all this ends up
9% not 14% haha , I charge £12-13 for a 3 bed semi , whilst a lot in my area will do it for between £4-10 , prices are bad up here haha

increase too much will be an open door for newbies coming Around canvassing . offering a similar price to the one you were charging before the new increase. Most customers will keep you on as the Trust bond has taken place.
I put a few up £2 thought there face would change but no. They said they wouldnt get anyone else as they dont want anyone else in and out of there gardens .
Some £1 some £2 it all adds up after a weeks work . Everyone is spending extra these days. Just make sure you do a good job and dont miss any windows out you think they cant see out of. They may be in the house watching you work

Back