Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Personally wouldn’t entertain doing it trad , in some places you are going to have to pitch the ladder on Chipping's on the drive way not very safe , generally find that ones who insist on it being done trad end up being a pita , I would try to find out why they want trad cleaning and try and talk them round to the pole , better clean, all frames done , stay cleaner longer , no soap needed etc but if they are adamant it has to be trad I would walk away but that’s just me , if you want the job work out how long you think it will take then add some time to that work out what you want to earn per hour and add a bit just in case and you have your price , just to give you an idea we would be £65-80 for that doing it WFP and I would be very surprised if we didn’t get it at that price .

Personally wouldn’t entertain doing it trad , in some places you are going to have to pitch the ladder on Chipping's on the drive way not very safe , generally find that ones who insist on it being done trad end up being a pita , I would try to find out why they want trad cleaning and try and talk them round to the pole , better clean, all frames done , stay cleaner longer , no soap needed etc but if they are adamant it has to be trad I would walk away but that’s just me , if you want the job work out how long you think it will take then add some time to that work out what you want to earn per hour and add a bit just in case and you have your price , just to give you an idea we would be £65-80 for that doing it WFP and I would be very surprised if we didn’t get it at that price .
I quoted for that price first clean £100 then £65 after and she turned it down has her old one Who has stopped they used to charge £42.50 they had three men doing them tells me why they finished with her .

I quoted for that price first clean £100 then £65 after and she turned it down has her old one Who has stopped they used to charge £42.50 they had three men doing them tells me why they finished with her .
The price I said would be for WFP I wouldn’t do it trad but if I did it would be a lot dearer ??? think you have had a lucky escape ??. £42:50 is a joke how ever you clean it .

If you are solo do not do this Trad, you will struggle & waste a lot of time, tell her pole or not at all, price £100, hell if there is more than in the pics i'd charge £200... If she don't like you're price drop it & find another three/four customers that will like you're price down the road... You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run...

Best comment ever from a customer was, "my old window cleaner" I stopped her there & said I am not your old window cleaner lmao times have changed, charge for it, spend the time, don't splash & dash... You are part of the new Generation, leave the £10 cleans to the Noobs educate your customer tell them the truth they will pay properly & stay long term, non of this new customers every week silly buggers play at.... plenty on here that will tell you to do cheap cleans at 10 or 20 houses a day... if your solo, just do you.... If you think you can trad it, then do it... but don't do it cheap, not for that size of property. Better not to be sweaty.. take you're time... oh look the suns out NICE...

I don't offer trad cleaning so would have just told her I can't quote you. I am somewhat surprised at some of the prices thrown around though. Obviously there are other factors we don't know about, travel time, frequency etc but if a sole trader can't pole that on their own in less than 40 minutes I think they need to find another job. In my area that is a £30 max job and I wish I had 10 of them to do every day.

I don't offer trad cleaning so would have just told her I can't quote you. I am somewhat surprised at some of the prices thrown around though. Obviously there are other factors we don't know about, travel time, frequency etc but if a sole trader can't pole that on their own in less than 40 minutes I think they need to find another job. In my area that is a £30 max job and I wish I had 10 of them to do every day.
I’m surprised that you’re surprised by some of the prices.
Getting a bit regular now people playing top trumps with how much they charge ?

My old man keeps saying i am too cheap i charge £20 per house on a monthly, i do max 10 a day... I take my times no rush Bigger jobs i charge more for on first clean either £35 £65 £120 depending on the size, then i'll do a monthly for £20-£30, mostly £20 that's just to take care of the time i spend, yes that's a lot more than most but i'd rather do the job & not get call backs haha few years back i used to rush jobs charging £10 per job, call backs all the time.. Since i slowed it down i don't get that anymore and my customers stick around... Price is for the time & it's worth mine to do a good job...

Back