Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem🤯

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matress

Hi all. Working away yesterday and water just stopped flowing through my brush. Water is going from tank to pumps, just no further. Charged up fully last night, pumps are making noise but no water through pipes. Any ideas?

Check inline filter first and clean out if needed

Run pump on full and connect and disconnect your reel a few times in case of airlock

It'll be one or both of these things

Air lock, kink in hose, pump knackered, calibration, pressure switch gone, blockage, could be a multitude

Fault finding is a case of identifying where in the system the issue is, ok so we all know that bit.

You start at the beginning, i.e. is there water getting to the pump inlet. If there is then go to the opposite end of the system the brush, is there water there - no. So move to half way along the system, reel input, is there water flow there? If there is no flow then the issue is between the reel input and your pump. So now we know which half of the system the issue is in. Again go half way between where you know flow is ok and it's not, i.e. if there is no flow between the pump inlet and the reel inlet, is there a tap in the line, disconnect the output and is there water there? etc.....

Basically you check for flow at the half way point and then half again to determine where the issue is, this is the same process whether it's a water system, an electrical system or a mechanical system.

I hope all that makes sense?

Back