Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump seems to be losing power?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Me?... tucked up nice and warm in the house.
Sorry Smurf. I wondered where Brianbadonde kept his trolley at night. I have heard of cleaners who had freezing water inside the pump push the diaphragm off center. In the cold weather we drain the pump down of the van that isn't heated.

It made a difference for 2 houses. Then it went back to being terrible. Dont know why it made a difference; there was no debris in pump. The chap from xline (Andy I think said that if pump had froze then the pump would ebb and flow as it has been. Hand on heart, Ive let it froze up (tw#t I know!) as I forgot to bring it in from van. Have ordered a new pump now. Have pretty much out of action this week. Just sitting here waiting for delivery of my pump. Got piles of work to get through and dont like being unreliable.

Tench, with regards to the diaphragm, I will price one up and replace it on my broken one so I have a spare. Right, off to do the housework :'(

On a lighter note I am also getting a new brush delivered today, an xline summit or other, supposed to be a lot lighter than the vikan toothbrush style brush Ive got at the moment.

my pump has froze a few times change your diraprham m8 trust me the shurflo pumps r bomb prouf froze or not if it sitll runs its fine its the diraprham thats foooked

Cheers Tench. Well the new pump arrived. And same thing.....its dribbling out. I checked all the connections (again) and the elbow joint from the motor was dribbling water. So Ive ordered a couple of those now. So I have potentially bought a new motor I didnt actually need! Its all relatively new to me though so Im chalking it down to experience. All very fustrating as once again Im sat here waiting for a delivery! Just confused as I had checked connections time and time again.....just dont know whats went wrong!

Well you have now proved it's not a faulty pump then.

It can only be one thing now then that the pump is not primed properly because of air in the system. Basically not enough water is going through the pump to bring it up to the correct working flow/pressure

As mentioned before you need to prime the pump when you get air in the system also check and recalibrate the controller if need be.

I had the exact same issue today and only took a couple on mins to prime the pump again.

Purefreedom and other makes like it where you change containers it can happen quite frequently. Same goes it you let a van tank run dry or disconnect any hoses on the system you will you need to prime the pump again to get rid of any air.

Get an air lock every time barrel runs out or change barrel, no big deal run it on full for 20 seconds and away we go.

The only thing im liking about a trolley at the moment is knowing i wont have to use one forever. how much less hasel and time i will save when i can afford a van mount system. Trolleys are ok but filling barrels and humping the lot on and off van, unwinding hose, running out of water mid job, air locks make you feel like setting it on fire, i think about hurting my trolley a lot.

Tried the sucking thing. Eventually figured out what it was. It was the bloody filter on the end that goes in to the barrel. Last year the screw on filter went missing. So I used some ladies tights on the end to stop debris getting in the pump. It worked fine. Whats happened though is ober time the tights became less permeable. I realised this when, as a last resort, and feeling really pi#@ed off, I took the end off. And it came shooting out! So it looks like I bought a pump for nothing lol oh well, Ive got a spare :-D

Latest Posts

Back