Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr Shiny

I am currently using a ro system in the garage for my water and I'm on a meter so it's costing quite a bit. Is there a way I can just fill my tank up in van from hosepipe and make pure water in the van.

I am currently using a ro system in the garage for my water and I'm on a meter so it's costing quite a bit. Is there a way I can just fill my tank up in van from hosepipe and make pure water in the van.
All depends on your TDS. Under about 70 then DI would probably be cheapest but over 70 and an RO is usually best. Is your water costs that much compared to how much you are earning?
What RO are you using and what ratio pure to waste?

If you're on a 60/40 split through the RO, worst case scenario you're with Anglian Water who seem to have the highest rates. Then it comes out at about £5 for every 1,000 litres of pure (once you get the waste from that useage rebated using sub-meter readings). Adding on 50p-£1 per customer should cover water costs plus any maintainence needed on the RO system.

If you're on a 60/40 split through the RO, worst case scenario you're with Anglian Water who seem to have the highest rates. Then it comes out at about £5 for every 1,000 litres of pure (once you get the waste from that useage rebated using sub-meter readings). Adding on 50p-£1 per customer should cover water costs plus any maintainence needed on the RO system.
You are right. You have to look at the whole picture, not just the water bill @Mr Shiny . You don't say what your water bill is, but ours is £60 a month, and we are not on a water meter.

How long have you been on a water meter? Around here, water meters were fitted and cheap estimated bills were provided for a year. After that, the meters were read and the actual cost of water used charged. They left it a year, because after the initial grace period of a year was over, you couldn't go back to having an 'unmetered' charge.

Latest Posts

Back