Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Really strange render clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleaned this yesterday had like a film on it water beaded up took blady ages to clean and lots of time it was almost like it had a sealer on it even hose pipe wouldn’t give a proper rince anyone had this before it was a first for me apologies didn’t take after pic as was so done buy end just wanted to go home ?

Also as it was beading so bad it was like the cems weren’t covering very well I normally use a serfactent but ran out so went without for a change never had issue before really strange one this

Cleaned this yesterday had like a film on it water beaded up took blady ages to clean and lots of time it was almost like it had a sealer on it even hose pipe wouldn’t give a proper rince anyone had this before it was a first for me apologies didn’t take after pic as was so done buy end just wanted to go home ?
Had it been treated with Thomson’s water seal or a silicon based water repellent?.

Different coatings are now been used to inhibit algae growth a customer of mine had external insulation fitted then a render over the top it looks shiny like it has been painted only time will tell how well it weathers, customer told me it is "a two coat silicone render supplied by EWI PRO Render Solutions " I'm assuming @tench0771 your job could have had this render.

I looked into painting K Rend and I had to use expensive silicone paint, never did the job.
I cleaned some k rend 4 years ago treated with hypo then 7 weeks later bio treatment to make shore it was completely free of and algi after I applied it the corner of the wall turned red again soon dissipated back to normal then got painted with a special krend paint still looking clean today ?

Back