Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Refused tax credits

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you do not have to do commercial work. not every window cleaner does commercial,, i got fed up of waiting for payment from a few i did, dumped. residential your monies there before next lean , Usually

the evidene you are making a proffit will show in your anual HMRC self assesment returns, DWP have access to these if needed.

im usually showing a proffit of around £1000 - £2000 yearly atm. lots of canvassing work. once i hit my weekly wage limit im happy with thats it. ill be very happy. it takes a long time to be well established, and bringing a good income in.

Good Luck. all you need now is the work

im usually showing a proffit of around £1000 - £2000 yearly atm. lots of canvassing work. once i hit my weekly wage limit im happy with thats it. ill be very happy. it takes a long time to be well established, and bringing a good income in.
Good Luck. all you need now is the work
Sorry to beg to differ but in the letter I had it clearly stated that you had to have Commercial work.

ive been getting wtc now for the last 3 years, never heard anything like that.

What if you cant get commercial work ?

It shouldnt matter what work you do, as long as you show you are making a wage. Even scrap men get wtc. would they have to collect Comerial scrap up , from commercial buildings, someone at the DWP has made there own rules up regarding you. Id seriously look into it. You should get it, not the migrants,

I just had mine done i didnt get asked about commercial i had to prove i was doing more than 25hrs a week which is the bottom line next award up is at 30hrs i had to show that my business was structered they did ask hrs vs earnings i just said i was canvassing 10hrs a week now i had to argue about it cause i said i couldnt do anymore hours as im also a full time carer 4 my wife so can only work part time i was told by the guy dealing with it they expect u to just accept what they say DONT!!! Keep appealing till someone sees sense just make sure your run is in order ie printed out properly reviepts in order etc and send them EVERYTHING so they cant argue! Hope that helps

@Poles Apart I think it is the translation of 'commercial' as in it's a commercial 'for gain' venture. (To make profit)

Opposed to a hobby or passtime for fun hence not a 'commercial' enterprise.

I don't think they meant you must have commercial clients.

Also note that as you are taking money domestic work IS commercial, just smaller than the schools, hotels, offices etc you do.

I didn't do commercial work when I got them at the start. Just be carefull and let them know if your earnings go up or you will get stung with a bill /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back