Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Remote start add on

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Is it an option to buy a kit to make my petrol generator start and turn off with a remote?

It has pull start and key start.

It would come in handy when the machine sucks a big chunk up so it will just drop without me messing around putting it down and turning off manually

Is it an option to buy a kit to make my petrol generator start and turn off with a remote?

It would come in handy when the machine sucks a big chunk up so it will just drop without me messing around putting it down and turning off manually
It's possible to diy with remote switches - 2 channel - 1 for running starter motor (momentary switch) the 2nd for cutting the engine (cut wire to coil maybe).
I doubt there are kits but you could try searching for make and model of geny and remote starter kits?

It's possible to diy with remote switches - 2 channel - 1 for running starter motor (momentary switch) the 2nd for cutting the engine (cut wire to coil maybe).
I doubt there are kits but you could try searching for make and model of geny and remote starter kits?
I'm hoping gvs will bring out the release cuff soon for the poles so I may drop them an email to see

@Cleanco I have the release cuff for my 44mm carbon poles on my gutter sucker. It's good and has been quite helpful. Not sure if it fits the gvs poles but might be worth checking.

Some electric start generators can be retrofitted with a relay and 433mhz wireless remote control gencontrol kit where you tap into the battery positive on the starter solenoid.

If you are wanting to drop some gutter turf why don't you add a sacrificial piece of pole or pipe with an interference fit slide collar to instantly bleed off the suction or a simple wireless relay box which plugs into your generator socket and breaks the live supply to the gutter vacs plug

There are plenty of gencontrol kits. I've fitted many

Some electric start generators can be retrofitted with a relay and 433mhz wireless remote control gencontrol kit where you tap into the battery positive on the starter solenoid.

If you are wanting to drop some gutter turf why don't you add a sacrificial piece of pole or pipe with an interference fit slide collar to instantly bleed off the suction or a simple wireless relay box which plugs into your generator socket and breaks the live supply to the gutter vacs plug
That's a good idea will have a look

That's a good idea will have a look
They are not IP rated so you'd need an appropriate enclosure

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Beauty if amazon I will try it tomorrow if it doesn't work as intended I shall return it but thanks for the heads up
Just remember, they are not waterproof and like Ched mentioned inrush current. Most of the wireless plugs are 13 amps. Your generator has an AVR but the plug may melt as the current sucks through it

Just remember, they are not waterproof and like Ched mentioned inrush current. Most of the wireless plugs are 13 amps. Your generator has an AVR but the plug may melt as the current sucks through it
Thanks for that it says thr plug is rated 13 amp 3200 watts. So providing I don't have all three motors on I should be okay. Aslong as it doesn't directly damage the motors on the vac I'm okay with trying it

Before I had Spina clean cuff and I had stuff I wanted to drop, I just pulled the hose off and let it drop and then reconnected the hose.. Just lean pole against building in safe place if you struggle to do it.

I use a simple 240 volt remote control socket. The samexas you have in your house or shed. Plug you device into remote socket, use the remote you hang round you neck to switch it off and on. Just put a box on top of the socket to stop water ingress if you're going to have it too close to the property.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_155928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_155928_Samsung Internet.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 0
I use a simple 240 volt remote control socket. The samexas you have in your house or shed. Plug you device into remote socket, use the remote you hang round you neck to switch it off and on. Just put a box on top of the socket to stop water ingress if you're going to have it too close to the property.
Perfect thanks and you've had no issues so far then

Back