Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Response rate for leaflets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Soul1

I saved money for one year and then I took driving lessons. After that, I bought a second-hand Nissan Micra and a trolley and WFP from the window cleaning warehouse. Yesterday, I delivered my first leaflets. Got 5,000 leaflets. To measure the efficiency of my leaflets what is the average response rate for a new window cleaner with leaflets? I am based in London and focus on Greenwich, Bromley and Bexley.

PS: Not comfortable with canvassing, but I believe that people like to see you before hiring you. So I put a nice picture of myself with a big smile on the leaflet.

Last edited:
I saved money for one year and then I took driving lessons. After that, I bought a second-hand Nissan Micra and a trolley and WFP from the window cleaning warehouse. Yesterday, I delivered my first leaflets. Got 5,000 leaflets. To measure the efficiency of my leaflets what is the average response rate for a new window cleaner with leaflets? I am based in London and focus on Greenwich, Bromley and Bexley.

PS: Not comfortable with canvassing, but I believe that people like to see you before hiring you. So I put a nice picture of myself with a big smile on the leaflet.
Just dropping leaflets is a waste of time IMO.
You need to be knocking the doors and speaking to them.
99 times out of a 100, they’ll probably put the leaflet straight in the bin

Just dropping leaflets is a waste of time IMO.
You need to be knocking the doors and speaking to them.
99 times out of a 100, they’ll probably put the leaflet straight in the bin
I’m not afraid to say that I have great customer service skills and enjoy making customers happy. I always strive to go the extra mile. In fact, I was even recognized by one of my employers (a five-star hotel in London) as an example to follow. They wrote an internal article about me that was read in all the hotels of the group worldwide during morning briefing for staff to discuss. However, I’m not a salesman. Yesterday, I avoided three houses because I saw the owner leaving. LOL. I didn’t know what to say except maybe to give them the leaflet and say, ‘I’m a window cleaner. If there is anything I can do to help, please do let me know.’”

I found a way to keep people from throwing the leaflets straight in the bin. They’ll automatically read it. Every single one of them

Last edited:
Bromley yes.
But to be canvassing in Bromley, Bexley and Greenwich, well that’s a vast area and will never create a compact round for a single operator
You’re right, but I decided to test and concentrate on a specific postcode in each of the three boroughs to maximize my chances of success and try to create a compact round.

I’m happy with it. Have you had any personal experience with this, or is it just hearsay?
About 80% of my customers came from leaflets. It will vary area to area depending on how competitive the area is.

If you see someone when dropping leaflets then I just ask if they have a regular window cleaner? If they say no then ask if they would like a quote, if they say yes then I give them a leaflet and say if your current window cleaner lets you down give me a call.

As you are experienced in customer facing rolls then you will have some confidence which is great. Personally when I quote I explain that I use wfp and that windows will be wet but dry perfect as I use pure water. I also try and ask if they want a regular clean or one off before I give the price as I would charge more for 1 off. I also try and say that I work in most weathers unless it's hammering down with rain or below zero. Think about what the customer wants and how you are going to achieve that for them. Don't be scared of saying ' I can't do that window but I can quote for the rest' etc.

You’re right, but I decided to test and concentrate on a specific postcode in each of the three boroughs to maximize my chances of success and try to create a compact round.
It won’t be compact if you’re driving from Bexley to Bromley and Greenwich.
Why not concentrate on Bexley or Greenwich?
No point trying Bromley, the people know if their windie isn’t ginger, their only going downhill ??‍??.

About 80% of my customers came from leaflets. It will vary area to area depending on how competitive the area is.
That’s really encouraging for me. I just need to get the pricing right and, of course, hope that the area isn’t already full of reliable window cleaners

If you see someone when dropping leaflets then I just ask if they have a regular window cleaner? If they say no then ask if they would like a quote, if they say yes then I give them a leaflet and say if your current window cleaner lets you down give me a call.

As you are experienced in customer facing rolls then you will have some confidence which is great. Personally when I quote I explain that I use wfp and that windows will be wet but dry perfect as I use pure water. I also try and ask if they want a regular clean or one off before I give the price as I would charge more for 1 off. I also try and say that I work in most weathers unless it's hammering down with rain or below zero. Think about what the customer wants and how you are going to achieve that for them. Don't be scared of saying ' I can't do that window but I can quote for the rest' etc.
Fantastic! It is so helpful. I hope that I’ll be able to give back one day on that forum. Thank you

I’m not afraid to say that I have great customer service skills and enjoy making customers happy. I always strive to go the extra mile. In fact, I was even recognized by one of my employers (a five-star hotel in London) as an example to follow. They wrote an internal article about me that was read in all the hotels of the group worldwide during morning briefing for staff to discuss. However, I’m not a salesman. Yesterday, I avoided three houses because I saw the owner leaving. LOL. I didn’t know what to say except maybe to give them the leaflet and say, ‘I’m a window cleaner. If there is anything I can do to help, please do let me know.’”

I found a way to keep people from throwing the leaflets straight in the bin. They’ll automatically read it. Every single one of them
Hope you’re not flashing your manhood on the front of the flyer! ???

Jokes aside I’m canvassing currently and I’ve started to feel the pain of rejection lately. I’m very good normally with customers but it’s not easy. It all started well for me picking 3 customers up in just 1.5 hours knocking but it’s been super tough since then. I’ve picked some customers up from people we know etc and some of Facebook and Nextdoor app.

Did you drop the leaflets yourself then? I’ve found I’ve started posting more than actually knocking at the minute because I’ve hit a bit of a wall with confidence. ?

Hope you’re not flashing your manhood on the front of the flyer! ???

Jokes aside I’m canvassing currently and I’ve started to feel the pain of rejection lately. I’m very good normally with customers but it’s not easy. It all started well for me picking 3 customers up in just 1.5 hours knocking but it’s been super tough since then. I’ve picked some customers up from people we know etc and some of Facebook and Nextdoor app.
Hi cleandeeper,

Somebody told me not to take the rejection personally. Not sure it can help you. Personally canvassing is too much for me. So congratulations for doing it!!!

Did you drop the leaflets yourself then? I’ve found I’ve started posting more than actually knocking at the minute because I’ve hit a bit of a wall with confidence. ?
Confidence was a big problem for me. Have you tried hiring a coach. I got one right now and it is extremely helpful. £65 a month. One of the best investment I have ever made. Check coach.me app.

When you say you clean windows with pure water (to the uninformed that means water without window cleaning products or cleaning chemicals or even water straight from a tap, a little simple and basic)
You must say ‘purified’ water.. and tell them it’s water without limescale ect and say it dries spotles for that reason.

I have been solid canvassing for 6 months and that’s my top tip!

?

Latest Posts

Back