Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Well Ive used the brush for 2 days I like it its got better scrubbing power than the gardeners super lite one. I never got a chance to use the scrapper on it. I like how the bristles are glued in too.

It could be lighter though and I dont think it goes in to the corners as well as the gardeners brush. I dont think all those bristles are needed either just my thoughts. Ikk stick with the brush I have for now.

Can who ever is to get in next send me there address please

I think it does get into the corners perfectly , i luv it but cant get on with the scraper might speak to richard about the scrubbing pad

It defo gets into corners better than the white sill brush and splays better to do so. Can't speak for other types.

Well Ive used the brush for 2 days I like it its got better scrubbing power than the gardeners super lite one. I never got a chance to use the scrapper on it. I like how the bristles are glued in too.
It could be lighter though and I dont think it goes in to the corners as well as the gardeners brush. I dont think all those bristles are needed either just my thoughts. Ikk stick with the brush I have for now.

Can who ever is to get in next send me there address please
The Aerial brush I bought was much heavier than the superlite no matter what Richard says to the contrary, a shorter brush width and I also felt the soft outer bristles didn't get into the window corners very easily to remove spider webs. The bristles were held in with resin and the brush stock thick and solid.

I had it on the end of a fairly new 22' clx pole and the flex on the pole was like the old days with Vikan brushes on our Teleplus poles. It lasted the morning. I didn't like the 90 degree socket either.

I gave it to my son in law who used it for a while on his slx22. His first words when picking up the pole were - "this is heavy!" He used the brush for a few months, liking its scrubbing power but not its weight. He removed it and replaced it with his Extreme brush that he had on before.

To be fair, I give Richard 10 out of 10 for his DIY brush as each is individually handmade and well made. The downside to this is that it is costly, labour intensive, difficult to get a consistent weight and probably 'over engineered' by production line standards.

Thanks spruce for the 10 out 10.

I think it’s fair to say window cleaning brushes, tend to get the blame for any weight issues a working pole has, even if other parts are being used such as angle adapters, brush extension or even pole accessories like the aqua adapter.

Pole weights can differ much more than brush weights; even 100% Carbon Fibre poles can differ greatly themselves in rigidity, even if the weight is almost the same. Overall performance and cleaning speed is slowed down with less rigid pole and more efforts is required by the operator.

Other factors are hardly ever mentioned on forums, such a the water consumption and its weight i.e. work at a flow rate of 2 litres a minute for 10 minutes and you would have sent 20kg of water up through the brush, obviously using half the flow rate is reducing the weight of water used in that time frame.

Then you have the actual time spent cleaning or holding any weight for longer; which I have mentioned before, so wont go into it here again.

Ultimately if your earnings are going up with your current set up, you don’t need to change. But the brush you mentioned is extremely slow to use (no pun intended) compared to the equivalent Tecbuk brush, 1-2 hours a day for me depending on work type, and the loss in hourly rate is huge, the amount of income and time over the year can not be warranted by me.

Richard

I think it’s fair to say window cleaning brushes, tend to get the blame for any weight issues a working pole has, even if other parts are being used such as angle adapters, brush extension or even pole accessories like the aqua adapter.

Pole weights can differ much more than brush weights; even 100% Carbon Fibre poles can differ greatly themselves in rigidity, even if the weight is almost the same. Overall performance and cleaning speed is slowed down with less rigid pole and more efforts is required by the operator.

Other factors are hardly ever mentioned on forums, such a the water consumption and its weight i.e. work at a flow rate of 2 litres a minute for 10 minutes and you would have sent 20kg of water up through the brush, obviously using half the flow rate is reducing the weight of water used in that time frame.

Then you have the actual time spent cleaning or holding any weight for longer; which I have mentioned before, so wont go into it here again.

Ultimately if your earnings are going up with your current set up, you don’t need to change. But the brush you mentioned is extremely slow to use (no pun intended) compared to the equivalent Tecbuk brush, 1-2 hours a day for me depending on work type, and the loss in hourly rate is huge, the amount of income and time over the year can not be warranted by me.

Richard
Still in denial about the brush weights then richard /emoticons/wink.png

Richard
Sorry Richard, I don't agree with this comment.

The amount of water flowing through your pole hose isn't going to add more weight to the pole if it's on a higher flow rate. Once the hose is full of water, thats the weight. The faster the water is pushed in at the bottom the faster it exits at the top. Once the water exits at the top it no longer effects the weight of the pole or has any influence on it.

I replaced the superlite brush with the Aerial brush and immediately noticed the weight difference. SIL also noticed the difference - nothing else was added to his pole at the same time - just 1 brush swopped for another.

I probably didn’t explain well enough spruce; if you need 20 litres of water to clean some windows, you can spend 10 minutes doing it with a higher flow rate or 20 twenty minutes with half the water flow rate, spending twice as long cleaning using a lighter brush will mean you will get more tired than if you used a brush that is a few grams heavier, but taking less time.

At first you may notice the weight difference between a 165g brush and a 245g brush, but there is no way a brush with just over 9,000 monofilaments cleans anywhere near as efficient as a brush with 40,000 plus monofilaments. Window cleaning is a service based on time, and I do test brushes on ‘real work’ there are big differences in performance between brushes. Likewise there are big differences between earnings of window cleaners, and countless other differences - a few extra grams in brushes that are light to begin with, is nothing.

Reducing the weight of the brushes to keep everyone happy, is a priority, but not at the expense of increased cleaning times. You will always get some window cleaners who fail to recognise this and use a brush purely because it is the lightest, but it’s unlikely to be the most efficient brush.

Richard

Tecbuk has its pros and cons n so do other brushes /emoticons/smile.png it depends what suits u /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back