Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working With Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Y are you not working today? I thought you were starting at 8am?

Not really a good idea tho, how many times would you need to fill the back pack? Times that by how long it takes to fill.. There's an hour or so wasted messing about

Been using trolleys for over two years and can beat anyone I know who uses a hose.

Had countless friendly races with other window cleaners and staff

Yeah i was mate all my hose in van froze up etc my pump froze aswell i had to open it n melt all the ice, a backpack may take time to fill up but at least i get all ma work done /emoticons/biggrin.png yomorrow im startin early and working 100% backpack

Been using trolleys for over two years and can beat anyone I know who uses a hose. Had countless friendly races with other window cleaners and staff
So you dont use a van mount damo ??

After reading a few posts I have been thinking of working from my backpack in a van using a

Heated tank in the van then transfer to backpack on each job ???

Saving reeling in and out etc but still having van mount for larger jobs / commercials etc .

I still have a van system for massive jobs. But 99% of the time it's trolley.

I am doing a review on the big boy backpack as well.

I can be "on the glass" before most guys have reeled out the hose and out cones down.

I still have a van system for massive jobs. But 99% of the time it's trolley. I am doing a review on the big boy backpack as well.

I can be "on the glass" before most guys have reeled out the hose and out cones down.
Thats the way im thinking tbh .

So you dont use a van mount damo ?? After reading a few posts I have been thinking of working from my backpack in a van using a Heated tank in the van then transfer to backpack on each job ??? Saving reeling in and out etc but still having van mount for larger jobs / commercials etc .
You might want to get a trolly, a bit more expensive(or build your own lol) that way you have set yourself up for the future as you can use that as van mount, (Just put hose from trolly in van tank)

Been using trolleys for over two years and can beat anyone I know who uses a hose.
Had countless friendly races with other window cleaners and staff
ive been using back pack for about a year now , got sick of the reel, and people almost tripping over it, I got 50 L pure freedom trolly which is good, just a tad awkward, but would definately recommend it, regards .j.

ive been using back pack for about a year now ' date=' got sick of the reel, and people almost tripping over it, I got 50 L pure freedom trolly which is good, just a tad awkward, but would definately recommend it, regards .j. [/quote']This was my fear, even with 20 signs, tape and cones. If they trip YOU ARE screwed as you obstructing a foot path.

Back