Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Often Do You Change Rubber And Aplicator Sleeves?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

stevelewis

Just wondered really, change rubbers every 6-8 weeks and aplicator sleeve every 3-4 months or when i can see its on its last legs! lol

Bear in mind im still 100% trad (only hoses i carry is for my pressure washing jobs in the summer months)

I change it when its needs to be changed. i.e Corners are burnt out, there a kink in it and there has been the odd occasion where ive been working to fast and it catches on fire.

Just wondered really, change rubbers every 6-8 weeks and aplicator sleeve every 3-4 months or when i can see its on its last legs! lol

Bear in mind im still 100% trad (only hoses i carry is for my pressure washing jobs in the summer months)
You change your rubber every 6-8 weeks???

You change your rubber every 6-8 weeks???
Yeah thats normally when i know its going a bit in corners etc, obviously when weather puts pay to working a bit longer, how often u change yours then bud?

I don't change mine that often and 6 - 8 weeks sounds norm, I use Pulex Hard, so these last longer then soft rubbers, plus am part time so not on windows day in day out.

As for the sleeve, only change them whenever, nice to have a new sleeve every nown again.

Do you blade the leaded windows steve
Yes mate if i didnt then prob wouldnt change them that often tbh, i know some cleaners that only change them once a year! the rubber must be as thin as a cig paper by the end lol

I'm lucky if I get a fortnight out of my rubbers before they start leaving lines, I use soft rubbers, there can't be that much of a difference between soft and hard surely?

Like I say am part time, when I was using soft I was changing like all the time more then once a month, try using hard rubber, will last longer

I don't change mine that often and 6 - 8 weeks sounds norm, I use Pulex Hard, so these last longer then soft rubbers, plus am part time so not on windows day in day out.

I use SYR standard soft rubber, cheap and cheerful! now i do must of my tops with wagtail on a pole i find the hard rubber dont glide as nice if u know what i mean

And ive got a bit of an OCD with applicator sleeves, have to keep em fresh! lol

As for the sleeve, only change them whenever, nice to have a new sleeve every nown again.

I use SYR standard soft rubber, cheap and cheerful! now i do must of my tops with wagtail on a pole i find the hard rubber dont glide as nice if u know what i meanAnd ive got a bit of an OCD with applicator sleeves, have to keep em fresh! lol
Haha I was gonna put this, I got a OCD about keeping fresh sleeves aswell!!
Tthen thought no am not putting that you will think am wierd! Haha! /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm lucky if I get a fortnight out of my rubbers before they start leaving lines, I use soft rubbers, there can't be that much of a difference between soft and hard surely?
i soak mine every fri in warm water with a dash of vinegar just for a couple hours you,ll be suprised how it gives them a couple weeks more life

Haha I was gonna put this, I got a OCD about keeping fresh sleeves aswell!!

Tthen thought no am not putting that you will think am wierd! Haha! /emoticons/tongue.png
i think we're all a bit wierd in our own way on this forum aint we lol:)

i soak mine every fri in warm water with a dash of vinegar just for a couple hours you,ll be suprised how it gives them a couple weeks more life
Thanks for the tip, not heard of that before

i soak mine every fri in warm water with a dash of vinegar just for a couple hours you' date='ll be suprised how it gives them a couple weeks more life[/quote']Will this work on any other day of the week...or only on a Friday :lol:

or......

If I soak my car tyres in a solution of warm water and vinegar.....will it add another couple of thousand miles to the life of my tyres :lol: .....

Can't see what warm water and vinegar will do, other than to clean the rubber..... once the rubber is worn.....it's worn....end of....simples /emoticons/smile.png .

Will this work on any other day of the week...or only on a Friday :lol:eek:r......

If I soak my car tyres in a solution of warm water and vinegar.....will it add another couple of thousand miles to the life of my tyres :lol: .....

Can't see what warm water and vinegar will do, other than to clean the rubber..... once the rubber is worn.....it's worn....end of....simples /emoticons/smile.png .
Think it might work on a tues aswell lolSeriously it works, it aint gunna work on tyres cause u use them a lot more and on hard road surfaces,potholes etc u only use squeegee rubber on glass (hardly the same bud)

simples

The end :)

I just fitted the red rubber used in a wag tail is it? Cost like £3 for one 14" piece! But it is pretty epic i must say. How long it will last god knows, if it gets nicked on a nail or something i will screw.

Do you guys flip your rubbers half way through the day though? I always did that when i was 100% trad. /emoticons/smile.png

I just fitted the red rubber used in a wag tail is it? Cost like £3 for one 14" piece! But it is pretty epic i must say. How long it will last god knows, if it gets nicked on a nail or something i will screw.

Do you guys flip your rubbers half way through the day though? I always did that when i was 100% trad. /emoticons/smile.png
yeah ive tried the red rubber and it is good mate, i dont flip my rubber halfway through the day, i flip it at the start of a new day if u know what i mean

As long as you flip it, thats all that matters i guess. Getting the most out of em. When i was trad in the 90s rubbers were pennies /emoticons/sad.png

Soft or hard rubbers.!!!!!! Not sure what i prefere..... /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back